Pro tip?

Hi Steve, thanks for the reply.
To be quite honest, even with the reverse set at %50, it seemed to be about the same.
I didn't think about reprogramming the ESC to reflect the %100 reverse until the next day.
That's why I made those comments. In theory, if it's about the same, while set at %50, it should be faster? set at %100?
I guess I will play with it again, it was freezing rain last night so I didn't touch it.
Batteries are fairly new, my son got them for Christmas, last christmas. 8.4v Traxxas NiMh packs.
Slipper clutch is good, or good to/for me.

I did not change the voltage cutoff, so it is still set to default. 3.1? 2.1? I can't remember right off hand. Is 0 the proper setting?

Yeah gotta be at 0 for nihm batteries. Even with a freshly charged 8.4v nihm it'll instantly put the esc in safely mode, cutting power down. The first rc car I had was like that, took me a while to figure it out. Truck was used, drove nice when I test drove it, got it home and was half dead. Previous owner used lipos and gave me the stock nihm when I bought it.

Well, long story short, it is a bit faster, not wheelie popping fast, but faster than the "initial" setup.
Now I didn't go about this very scientifically, I made too many changes, just because I was growing tired of messing with it.
I did reprogram it for %100 reverse, and at the same time, programmed the LVC to 0 for NiMh packs.
And it is faster. So I may go back and reverse the wires and see if in fact the LVC setting is what did the trick.

Appreciate all the feedback gang.
Now, I am thinking about ordering another brushless motor and ESC for my truck, and maybe a new LiPo pack? LOL

What kind of battery do you have? And have you tried more then 1 battery? Maybe the battery isn't pushing enough amps for the motor. Should rip. And what kv motor?

We have four new (new since Christmas) 8.4v Traxxas NiMh packs that we run. Now I only used one pack to do the testing on. I can try one of the other packs to see if there is a difference, but I don't think there will be. but you never know.

It is a GoolRC 3650 4300Kv ESC and brushless motor combo.

Hmm. Did I ask that already? Answer looks familiar.
Try a different freshly charged battery. Doubt it's that, but maybe. I have a traxxas battery that's 2 years old and still going strong. Had a venom crap out in a few months, but they sent me a new one. It would act like you describe, much slower, but it also would die faster too.

Yes, you did. But it's cool.
Now mind you it does seem faster now than stock, after reprogramming the LVC and reprogramming the reverse force to %100 and reversing the motor wires.
Again, maybe I expected too much? From the new combo.
It is very responsive and I have managed to get the "dwell" time from forward to reverse to be shorter which is a plus, maybe that's just this combo compared to stock reaction time?

My first brushless combo was the goolrc 3900kv. Even with nihm batteries, it would wheelie for as long as it would stay in the road, several hundred feet. All stock with a homemade wheelie bar. Just seems to me that something isn't right with yours. How is the top speed? With 4300kv system you should be over 30mph, I would think anyways. You sure the slipper clutch isn't too loose?

Ok, this has been bugging me ever since I installed the GoolRc brushless combo. Even more so now since the latest edition Torment, has the Tazer Dynamite brushless combo and that thing does wheelies.
My sons car is still blaaaaah, not much faster than my stock torment.
So after trying and testing almost every single seemingly possible option and configuration.

I opted to purchase a Castle creations SV3 ESC, just to test if it is the GoolRc ESC not performing up to snuff.
I will run the Sidewinder with the GoolRc brushless motor, then if results don't pan out I will purchased a brushless Castle motor.

Do you think that maybe there is a "performance" issue with the GoolRc ESC?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back