Project Ruckus

Took the truck out yesterday for the first real bashing session. It ran great. Im loving the kinexsis 4k system. At some point the front driver side dog bone fell out during a minor roll over. I found the dog bone. It isnt broken so Im going to put it back in. And try to figure out how it came out.

Get rid of the in and out play in the axle. Pull the tires out and push them in, you will see what I am talking about. There is a lot of slop.

Shims or aluminum hubs all around.

Get rid of the in and out play in the axle. Pull the tires out and push them in, you will see what I am talking about. There is a lot of slop.

Shims or aluminum hubs all around.
Thanks I will do that. Now Im having chrager issues. I cant get my venom ac sport to charge my lipo.

What's it doing?

Might have to charge on nimh for 10 min then switch to lipo. Take out balance plug when you charge on nimh. When the voltage too low, they won't charge on lipo.

What's it doing?

Might have to charge on NiMH for 10 min then switch to LiPo. Take out balance plug when you charge on NiMH. When the voltage too low, they won't charge on LiPo.
The battery when plugged in will not charge. As if the charger couldn't detect the battery. But when i got home this morning from work it started charging. The battery was completely dead. Which is weird because I have a low voltage cut off. Thanks sc302 for the tip on charging on nimh setting. If this happens again i will definitely try it. Would it be possible my low voltage cutoff is set to low? It is currently set at the default setting of 3.2 volts.

The battery when plugged in will not charge. As if the charger couldn't detect the battery. But when i got home this morning from work it started charging. The battery was completely dead. Which is weird because I have a low voltage cut off. Thanks sc302 for the tip on charging on NiMH setting. If this happens again i will definitely try it. Would it be possible my low voltage cutoff is set to low? It is currently set at the default setting of 3.2 volts.
Sometimes, even when set, doesn't work properly is the only thing I can guess. If the voltage is too low it will not do anything other than beep, nimh doesn't care it will still charge or try to.

3.2v is a little low for a lipo cutoff point, especially that 3.0v under load is considered damaged by some manufactures. I would bump your cutoff to 3.6v per cell, that is where I keep mine.

I had an ESC drain my battery down by accident even with the lipo cutoff set to 3.6v... basicly I forgot to unplug the battery from the ESC and left the car on after I was done racing it. I only let it sit like that for about 15 min, but that was enough to drain my battery down to 2.9v per cell.

Also as a side note... bumping your batteries to get the voltage back up is ok to do, but don't do it too much. I did this about 2 years ago and damn near burned my house down when the battery popped.:( AND NEVER!!!! I MEAN NEVER LEAVE A LIPO BATTERY UNATTENDED! If something goes wrong a lipo can literally blow up and take your whole house with it if you're not there to catch it.

Technically the same could be true of any battery esp when not charging them properly (using the wrong batteries with charger, using the wrong chemistry charger with different batteries). Any battery can explode, it isn't just lipo batteries.

Thanks for all the input guys. I think I might have killed my lipo.charged the battery yesterday morning to full charge. brought the truck to work tonight and the battery wont charge again. I tried the tip sc302 gave me a few post back and nothing. Whats the biggest 3s lipo I can safely run with my 70a esc?

Thanks for all the input guys. I think I might have killed my LiPo.charged the battery yesterday morning to full charge. brought the truck to work tonight and the battery wont charge again. I tried the tip sc302 gave me a few post back and nothing. Whats the biggest 3s LiPo I can safely run with my 70a ESC?

You can run any size 3s you'd like. The ESC/ motor determine the power capabilities, not the battery. So unless the ESC's safety settings (overheat, over-current....etc) are not working, you have nothing to worry about.

I went to a friends house yesterday and tryied to charge a week old lipo. And my balance port would recognize his battery either. Time for a new charger. Im looking at a venom pro duo or a hitec x2.

I went to a friends house yesterday and tryied to charge a week old LiPo. And my balance port would recognize his battery either. Time for a new charger. Im looking at a venom pro duo or a hitec x2.

Both are great chargers. I know several here use the Hitec. I use the Venom pro duo and have no complaints.

20161226_143345_zpscrdn74ci.jpg

Well this is the cause of my front wheel drive problem. I'm just going to super glue the hex to the wheel. When that becomes a problem then I will replace the wheels. And buy aluminum hexes. I also ordered a venom pro duo charger w/ 35c 3s 5000mah soft pack. Lipo has the venom adapters. Should be here this weekend. I'm super excited to try out my brushless setup on 3s.

These came today.

I lost a front dog bone the other night. Any one have a recommendation for after market replacements?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back