Project Ruckus

Figured out why my front dog bone keeps falling out. The inside spindle bearing had come a part. And for more bad news. I have now stripped out all but 1 wheel. And somehow snapped the pinion shaft off my motor. Ill post pictures later.

Figured out why my front dog bone keeps falling out. The inside spindle bearing had come a part. And for more bad news. I have now stripped out all but 1 wheel. And somehow snapped the pinion shaft off my motor. Ill post pictures later.
Is that with or without the aluminum hexes. The stock plastic hexes will strip your wheels they are absolute crap and should be the very first mod before inserting a battery to use for the first time.

Can't run it if the hexes don't make solid contact with the wheels because they are stripped.

Boom racing has a bearing kit for 12 bux or so.

Last edited:
cut to proper length if you have to get a screw from a hardware store. Do not use longer screws.

That is some good damage there though. Now you need a motor, the boom racing bearing kit, new ECX aluminum hubs, new screws and some blue locktite.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/stainless-steel-screw-set:-ECX-torment--ruckus-dynh1040

https://www.asiatees.com/display?ECX-Ruckus-4WD-Parts-Hop-Ups-Upgrades&brand=ECX&model=Ruckus 4WD&id=95599&pid=1
The aluminum hexes will be here tomorrow. Already have the dynamite ss screws and blue locktite. I am also waiting for a email from horizon about my motor. Hopefully that goes well. They were very friendly and easy to deal with on the phone.

Just spoke to Horizon Hobbies. My new replacement motor is on the way. Horizons customer service is amazing. Im going to order spindles and bearing this weekend.
Has anyone used Fast Eddys bearings? Boom racing bearings were recommended to me. But they are sold out at the moment.

New parts came in. Horizon hobby sent me a new motor. Wasnt the same one that I purchased. They sent me a tazer 4000kv 6 pole motor. But that's ok. Im happy with the service.
20170111_133424_zpssermgjlz.jpg
20170111_141157_zpsupydmtpb.jpg

Got the truck put back together. Its fast. Ran 50mph. Then I killed my brand new motor. I didn't give the lock tite time to cure. Set screw backed out of the pinion gear. Causing pinion to move and breaking the shaft.
IMG_20170111_161711_zpss5ls9zdp.jpg

Got new bearings today. They feel really smooth.
20170123_135119_zpsze39hj7l.jpg
Figured out that my hot racing spur gear was the root of my motor problems. so back to plastic spur gears. After I buy a new slipper clutch.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back