Project Ruckus

Have to make sure you are using 48p pinion and spur teeth on 2wd and mod1 pinion and spur gear teeth on 4wd. You will mess up gears if not the same. The size of the individual teeth make a difference and can cause you to bind up or wreck gears.

A new slipper kit is needed when you do anything to the spur. But what does your pinion look like against that spur? I am curious.

Can you pic with your spur, Maybe even pick with it meshing together. Doesn't have to be mounted. Hard to tell from where i sit.

Upon close inspection of that spur the mesh is off. Something is grinding that gear to crap.

Is that the stock pinion gear?

It has to be a mod1 gear. 48p will continue to eat spurs and cause issues. You have a mod1 spur if you bought it from hot racing. You need a mod1 pinion from hot racing too.

Horizonhobby will sell you a 48p if you aren't careful.

It has to be a mod1 gear. 48p will continue to eat spurs and cause issues. You have a mod1 spur if you bought it from hot racing. You need a mod1 pinion from hot racing too.

Horizonhobby will sell you a 48p if you aren't careful.

Most of the damage was done with stock 9t pinion and the kinexsis 4000kv motor.
20170124_220556_zpsdwpbyau9.jpg

Just spoke to Horizon Hobbies. My new replacement motor is on the way. Horizons customer service is amazing. Im going to order spindles and bearing this weekend.
Has anyone used Fast Eddys bearings? Boom racing bearings were recommended to me. But they are sold out at the moment.
Most of the damage was done with stock 9t pinion and the kinexsis 4000kv motor.
View attachment 2202
That's a 2wd spur gear. 4wd is 45t

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back