RC Pit Mat and workbench setup

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Staff member
Curious as to what you guys use during track day for a pit mat or on the work bench and to share what I'm using as well.

I use three different work or pit mats on my workbench and shelves:
  • Hobbico Builders Cutting Mat - this is always on the workbench and has handy rulers on it as well as a great cutting surface when cutting out decals and so on.
  • CowRC Pit Mat - I have a couple different sized flat mats that I use from CowRC. Since these are magnetic these pit mats are PERFECT when working on your RC's as they tend to catch or hold any loose screws, nuts, washers, etc. No more looking on the floor for a dropped screw.
  • Upgrade RC Mat - These used to be my go to mat when working on my RC's but CowRC has replaced them since CowRC is magnetic. The Upgrade RC mats are super thick rubber and are very nice and also makes a great work area.

Here's an older picture of my work area. I've since added a computer in the corner (still need to mount to the wall) and a lot more tools.

workbench.jpg

What are you guys using?

No mats. My RC workbench is the same I use to work on the 1/1 cars. I'll get a pic up later.

Same workbench for everything: 1:1, RC, household repair, etc. It's a terrible wooden bench with some fridge magnets sprinkled around to "try" to keep track of screws (I've only lost one servo gear shaft so far... quite lucky I suppose). Shared with my brother.

I really need to start from scratch and get some organization down, so that the only lost tool is that @#$#% 10mm socket, and not that tiny hex driver too...

I have a kyosho pit mat that i use at the track. But when im at home i setup the cowrc flat mat on the table in the kitchen...

No Fancy rubberized pit mats with magnets here. Just a nice Big Ol Work Bench with a peg board and a shelf, a soldering station, and a spot to hold my tools, lubes and glues.

Attachments

• Bryan_D_Loc1.JPG
    Bryan_D_Loc1.JPG
    206.8 KB · Views: 46
IMG_3447.JPG IMG_3449.JPG I use my wood working assembly table. It's usually a wreck this time of year. I keep the tools in an organized pit box and use shallow Chinese food containers to sort screws, clean shocks, and sort parts when repairing or doing maintenance. I hope to make a more dedicated space over the Winter. Just picked up a used circuit to add to the fleet so my son can bring a buddy to the track. I had a blast with rc's as a kid and am having even more fun exposing my son and his friends to a constructive hobby.

I use a 4'x2' plastic folding table for my work surface in a third bedroom with a Cow RC magnetic mat. I don't go to the track anymore, but when I did I just used a white towel. I also have a homemade truck stand to put my trucks on when I'm working on them. My lovely wife was kind enough to surprise me recently with a shelving unit on wheels to put most of my trucks on.0505192229.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back