Recommended screw substitutes

NzFadez

Just looking for some replacement hex head screws to suit ecx amp mt to go in transmission case, will drill out bigger holes if I have to, just looking for what screws everyone decided to replace them with. as the factory ones are atrocious and keep warping my transmission and wont go in properly.

Just looking for some replacement hex head screws to suit ecx amp mt to go in transmission case, will drill out bigger holes if I have to, just looking for what screws everyone decided to replace them with. as the factory ones are atrocious and keep warping my transmission and wont go in properly.
You need M3x10 for the bottom, 2 of the screws I highly recommend using M3x8mm as the 10mm can go through the transmission case and hit the diff. The case screws 3 are M3x18 and 2 are M3x12. The manual shows what size screws you need by the way. https://www.horizonhobby.com/on/dem...wa0db328a/Manuals/ECX03034-Manual-English.pdf

I buy all my screws in bulk from Monsterbolts on eBay. Not sure who is a good place to buy screws in bulk from in Australia though. I also replace all of my button head screws with cap head screws.

I'm curious as to why you do this. Nothing more than curiosity that's all.
Of all the screw types socket heads are the least likely to strip out. I've quite literally never stripped a socket head screw, button heads and counter sunk screws I've lost count of how many I've stripped.

Monster Bolts is the best place to get button head and flat head hex machine screws. Packages of 10 for under $2, from m3x5 to mn3x30 and, higher. I recomend anytime you repair or upgread your RC, to change out the philps self tapping screws to button head or flat head hex machine screws.

Monster Bolts is the best place to get button head and flat head hex machine screws. Packages of 10 for under $2, from m3x5 to mn3x30 and, higher. I recomend anytime you repair or upgread your RC, to change out the philps self tapping screws to button head or flat head hex machine screws.
Yup, but for the op they might not be the best for him as he lives in Australia.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back