Replacing ECX31006

Mattchall

I'm a newbie to this so maybe I'm missing something but I believe I need to replace the ECX31006 on my ECX AMP MT. My son took it to the skate park and had an epic fail that resulted in a 10ft drop landing directly on the motor which is now making a grinding noise... a replacement has been ordered. What I'm wondering now is if my ESC is bad as well. Steering works but forward and back do nothing, no motor noise or movement. If I hook the motor up directly to a battery it spins.

More details... the unit was able to drive a bit after the damage but not for long. When he powered the car up it would make the typical beeps and sync to the remote, eventually the beeps became fainter and eventually it made no noise when powering on. Like I said I'm new here, any advice would be greatly appreciatted. From what I've read about the ECX31006 ESC it's not well liked and prone to failure, what are my other options that I could use without upgrading the controller? Thanks! Matt

I think you mean 13006. Your options are below.
  1. Get another 13006.
  2. Buy ECX 13003 receiver, this works with the stock transmitter. Buy whichever ESC you like (e.g. Hobbywing 1060, ebay special).
  3. Buy a new complete radio system (transmitter and receiver), e.g. FlySky GT3C. Buy whichever ESC you like.
1 and 2 answer your question, but you should also consider option 3 as the 13003 receiver is somewhat pricey for what it is.

I think you mean 13006. Your options are below.
1) Get another 13006.
2) Buy ECX 13003 receiver, this works with the stock transmitter. Buy whichever ESC you like (e.g. Hobbywing 1060, ebay special).
3) Buy a new complete radio system (transmitter and receiver), e.g. FlySky GT3C. Buy whichever ESC you like.

1 and 2 answer your question, but you should also consider option 3 as the 13003 receiver is somewhat pricey for what it is.
Thanks Man! Would the receiver below work with the existing transmitter?

https://www.hobbytown.com/srx200-2c...hss-receiver-by-spektrum-rc-spmsrx200/p535759

OK, so I have an ECX13003 and a hobbywing 1060 in the mail headed my way. The factory motor is a 20T, I accidentally ordered a 15T. Will that be an issue? Should I expect much of a difference in performance with the 15T?

After 20 minutes of searching online for what seems like simple instructions I'm turning back here for what I'm sure is an easy question. I have an ECX13003... what slot should I be plugging the ESC and the servo in to?? My options are B/C, CH1, CH2, CH3, CH4. Thanks!

IMG_6566.JPG IMG_6566.JPG View attachment 1716 = So I installed the 1060 ESC and the 13003 receiver and it seems to be working but the one issue I have is if I turn the transmitter off before the car the car takes off like a bat out of hell!! Any thoughts?

Last edited:
I have an Axial that will do the same thing when I turn off the TX, only it's a crawler so you got some time to catch it :D My Amp will also take off after a while if it's powered but the TX is not, but it takes a minute or so before it happens. Which is actually worse, the motor was quite smelly by the time I got it unstuck from under my desk... I guess that's why the manual says to always power up the TX first and to power it off last.

Members online

No members online now.
Back