Ruckus 1/10 brushless upgrade

Crab

Have a couple of ruckus 1/10 2 wheel drives. Motor fried on one. So here's the question. I was looking at two different Brushless systems. A tazer 3000kv and a castle 3800kv.
Had considered putting one in mine with a 2s lipo. And other brushless in my step sons with nimh batteries.
I use a 2s 5000.
He uses a 5100 nimh. We mainly play gravel and pavement. But I like the idea of having all brushless. Less maintenance and sealed up better.
Any thoughts on this. If I got these. Which to install in which?
Already have metal gears coming also.
Thanks all.
Crab.

Think I will try the castle 3800 in mine. It's two wheel drive. Maybe it won't slam it backwards or need pinion gears to start lol. And if too slow I can always try that 3000kv i have coming.

Holy crap. That took a minute to do. First RC. And now it's got metal gears and a castle brushless. FYI thou. That 2 turns out on slipper clutch don't cut it. Smelled something. Then realized it was it. Tightened way up. And no this thing walks wheelies all in my backyard. Lol. Can't wait till Saturday to get it out on pavement. Thanks guys.

sounds fun! and the 3000kv motor would be slower than the 3800kv.

sounds fun! and the 3000kv motor would be slower than the 3800kv.
It depends. It isn't necessarily slower. You could get a 2400 motor faster in a car. Kv doesn't equal faster. Lower kv = lower heat = accepts bigger battery = faster. Higher kv = higher heat = 2s max = not as fast.

The only problem I have is torque on the 3800. I've destroyed both axles this weekend Thinking I might try a 21t pinion. Stock is 17 or 18 I think. On dry pavement you can even try to take off. Or even at half speed it will still flip right over.
So I guess I'll be going to local hobby shop this week. Upgrade axles. And try diff pinion gear to see if that helps. Motor wise. In high grass or pavement it's never even gotten Luke warm. And esc fan hasn't came on yet.
Think if I up the pinion to a 21t I might be able to run it without flipping? Lol. And destroying axles? I've already tried adjusting slipper clutch. But didn't help much.

More teeth = more speed less torque.

Loosen up the slipper or program the esc to not put down as much power off the line.

We'll. Tried a 21T. Maybe slipper clutch wasn't adjusted out enough. Local shop set it up this time.
Broke another axle, slipper clutch torn, and spur gear stripped out completely. All while on a wet road playing. Didn't even get 45 mins out of it. So I guess. I'm carrying it back tomorrow and leaving it for them to play with Step sons brushed stopped tonight also. Maybe his stopped cause we was playing with them while slight rain.
Love these trucks. But dang it.
On a plus side finance stock brushless is running great.

Hecko
That's the one. Picked it up in Huntsville. Looks like stock brushless are 3300kv. So I'd prob go with that. I have a 3000kv to put in my step sons. I guess I'm going to upgrade the axles. New spur gear and slipper clutch this week. Go from there.

You probably won't break anything provided you go with the 3300kv, keep the stock gearing, and don't go any higher than a 2s battery. At least the spur, axles, and the differential probably won't break. I ran my son's stock brushed car on a 3300kv with a 2s and nothing broke using the stock gearing....nothing really broke until I went with a 3s...then the spur gear got chewed up.

How to adjust slipper

Start at full tight then loosen 3 full turns. Tighten or loosen 1/2 turn at a time.

I give up. Screw it. Ugh. Got both cars back today. His is all good. So that awesome.
Mine. Well I think it has stripped metal trans out. And that's after new spur gears. New slipper. And castle link being updated with like 30% low end reduction.
So. Guess I'm carrying it back and going to let them use my frame for little lady's car. Might have few parts to sell y'all soon.
Either getting me a stock brushless truck. New.
Or going to look at a traxxas.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back