Ruckus front end

-RPM spindle blocks (require oversized bearings)
-RPM caster blocks
-RPM servo saver eliminator
-Metal-geared servo
-RPM front A-arms
-Replace plastic steering links and upper control links with Traxxas turnbuckles.

This is the price we pay for driving entry level trucks. But while tolerances aren’t that great with the stock parts, they are tough as nails.

Or if you're tight like me you can superglue/cable tie the stock servo saver. works wonders. I glued and cable tied mine and as above, metal geared servo to take the increased impacts. Much better!

Finding, and taking care of slop can be a never ending battle. My pit box was filled with all kinds of shims at one time. I used to be OCD about slop; would spend hours with my RC being apart; adding tenths of a millimeter shim here/there. Replace this, and replace that every week. I eventually got over it.

Over time, things wear down. Like it was mentioned before, starting tolerances on bellcranks that use bushings are large culprit of slop. Ball cups/ball studs wear out as well as the arms ovaling themselves out at hinge points. If you start at the servo's output spline, and work your way out to the steering blocks/hubs/carriers...minute traces of slop adds up, and can be seen as you work the wheels back and forth.

There comes a point in time where too much slop is too much, and you gotta replace worn parts. That's the beauty of hobby grade RCs (y). If my trucks ball cups are not popping off; the trucks are tracking straight half the time, I embrace the slop, and push harder 'til something breaks ;).

Latest posts

Members online

Back