Ruckus steering won’t stay centered

jamkx

Hello

I am having an issue with the steering on my 2WD Ruckus. I set the trim so that it tracks straight. It works fine until I hit some bumps or jumps and then it veers left or right. If I reset the trim it works fine while driving on a smooth surface but once it hits bumps it veers off again. I already installed a new metal geared Servo, the hot racing steering saver, shocks, new turnbuckles, steering blocks and caster blocks. All parts move freely. Not sure what the issue is. I have to constantly adjust steering trim. Any ideas?

Ive had endless steering issues with my torment (stock servo and steering) and I am also looking for an alternative because mine also gets off centered and sometimes turns one way more than the other etc. no matter rate/trim...

The only thing ive noticed on mine is that their is a ton of play in my steering and even though mine is stock and getting old, there is still too much play which could be the result of a sub par steering system?? maybe just poorly engineered...

anyway good luck

If your running on the street, track, or dirt, without any jumps and turning the wheels and vehicle stays straight, then the servo is returning to center. I had to grind away some material from the servo cover as it was rubbing against the inside of the cover.

Attachments

• 20201120_140328.jpg
    20201120_140328.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 13
If your running on the street, track, or dirt, without any jumps and turning the wheels and vehicle stays straight, then the servo is returning to center. I had to grind away some material from the servo cover as it was rubbing against the inside of the cover.

There is a brace that covers the servo arm that appears in neither of our pictures. Since the aluminum arm is more bulky than the stock one, the circular part was contacting my brace but just barely enough to make a witness mark. I clearanced it very slightly with a dremel and a sanding drum.

Attachments

• IMG_2127.jpg
    IMG_2127.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 4
This is the skid plate I was referring to. I'm not sure if the picture shows it but if I shine a light from the backside there is a paper width clearance for that servo arm now and that seems to be plenty. It looks like the one on Hot Racings website is a little lower profile if you want to go that direction for a 25T servo horn.

Attachments

• IMG_2177.jpg
    IMG_2177.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2176.jpg
    IMG_2176.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2174.jpg
    IMG_2174.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 1

Latest posts

Members online