Ruckus tires (sometimes) not moving but everything else working well

Unger

Hi all!
My son’s 4x4 Ruckus is having issues driving with any kind of resistance. I’ve taken the thing apart, and all of the gears are making good contact, and they are all in good shape. What seems to be the issue is that if there is any kind of resistance against the tire (let’s say grass) the tire/wheel and attached driveshaft won’t spin, but everything else is still moving like it should. If I replace the bearings, will this solve the issue? Can I somehow tighten those back down without having to replace them?
If I spin the wheels individually, the opposite will spin the opposite direction like it always has, and sometimes the truck drives like it should (if he’s driving it on the smooth sidewalk for example).
Thanks in advance for any suggestions you may have!

Kourtney

Sounds like maybe your slipper clutch is loose, or worn out?
On the back, where the gear box is and the motor is attached, passenger side of the car, there are two gears there, one on the motor the smaller one, and then the larger one, usually black in color, has a stud sticking thru it with a small spring and a lock nut attached, crank that nut done a turn or two.
Personally i would crank it all the way down and then back it off 2 turns.

I dont know if that is actually your issue or not. Kind of sounds like it.

It could also be a loose wheel, or maybe you lost the cross pin that the hub locks onto, this is located behind the wheel.

Sounds like maybe your slipper clutch is loose, or worn out?
On the back, where the gear box is and the motor is attached, passenger side of the car, there are two gears there, one on the motor the smaller one, and then the larger one, usually black in color, has a stud sticking thru it with a small spring and a lock nut attached, crank that nut done a turn or two.
Personally i would crank it all the way down and then back it off 2 turns.

I dont know if that is actually your issue or not. Kind of sounds like it.

It could also be a loose wheel, or maybe you lost the cross pin that the hub locks onto, this is located behind the wheel.
That seems to have done the trick! I tightened the slipper clutch and it’s running better now. Thank you!

Glad to help. The slipper clutch is there for a reason, so it being too tight defeats the purpose as well.

There is a trick to setting it to a "proper" slip. "proper" meaning the way YOU want it.
That way is to, set the car on the ground, hold one rear wheel with your hand, slowly give it some throttle, the front wheels should lift off the surface, at some point the slipper should work, if it flips over backwards you may be on the tight side. If the front doesn't lift, then you may be too loose.

There are people on here that could explain it way better or different, and there are multiple articles on the interwebs that explain it better or in more detail, as well.

Latest posts

Members online

Back