Ruckus wheels aren't moving

rambisetr

So I pull the trigger and something is spinning but it isn't the wheels! Where do I attack this from looking at the truck from the rear...the left side or the right side or does it matter? I'm assuming there's a gear stripped somewhere in the transmission.

Which ruckus? 2wd 4wd 1:18? Check the driveshafts first. If one is broken the other wheel won't spin either. Then open up the gearbox and check the pinion/spur. The screw could have come out of the motor and moved away or you could have stripped the gear.

Which ruckus? 2wd 4wd 1:18? Check the driveshafts first. If one is broken the other wheel won't spin either. Then open up the gearbox and check the pinion/spur. The screw could have come out of the motor and moved away or you could have stripped the gear.
2wd BL 1/10. It didn't look like a driveshaft was samage but I'll double check. When I spun one wheel the other spun the opposite direction like normal. Do I have to open up the gear box from the left (appears to be harder to get at) or the right (just have to take off the right tire to get at through a bunch of tiny hex screws)?

Pinion or spur gear stripped? Gears not meshed properly due to impact?

View attachment 905
I took it apart a little bit ago. Looked at all the gears and pinion etc...and everything looked fine. Checked the drivetrain and everything looked fine. About to put the wheels back on and noticed the shafts looked different. One of the insides of the wheelhub separated from the wheel and was still on the shaft. So that piece was spinning but not spinning the wheel. Wish it had been a gear...they're cheaper! Thanks for the help guys!

Forgot to ask...if I wanted to replace the stock wheels with something else, what measurements am I looking for? The only tires on the Horizon site are the stock ones and doesn't give any measurements.

Last edited:
I had that happen with my 4 WD Ruckus. In my opinion, part of that was from a slightly loose wheel nut and even more so from the torque exerted on the rim. Well I don't own any other brand of monster truck, to me, because the wheels are a bit larger than most others, the 12mm hexes are a bit too small for the chassis. Which is why I'm trying to upgrade to the 17mm hexes.

You might save that wheel by epoxying the hex inside the wheel. You can drill out the spillage from the hole if you've gone overboard.

I haven't tried it on a wheel. I only have one kind of epoxy in my garage, it's some generic two-tube JB-weld clone and it usually ends up being stronger than the parts themselves. It's like $5 for a pair of tubes.

I haven't tried it on a wheel. I only have one kind of epoxy in my garage, it's some generic two-tube JB-weld clone and it usually ends up being stronger than the parts themselves. It's like $5 for a pair of tubes.
I super glued a set and held for about two weeks... good news though! The Hot Racing 17mm hex conversions fit! Now to order some Badlands. :D

Attachments

• IMAG1380.jpg
    IMAG1380.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 11

Latest posts

Members online

Back