RX/TX Questions

BatteryAcids

Hello and please forgive my "newbie-ness",

But I was wondering what is a better Radio to slap in the Amp MT to do the ESC/Motor Upgrade? - Spektrum STX2 vs Radiolink RC4GS?

As I have Granite a 4x4 BLX w/ the Spektrum STX2 already and was wondering if it was a more wise investment to invest in getting an SRX200 receiver for the Amp MT for use with the Granites existing STX2 or would plugging the Radiolink RC4GS Combo into both the Amp MT & Granite BLX be a better move? And will the aforementioned plans even work - 1 TX for 2 RX's?
&
Splurge option being throw in a Spektrum DX5C into both, due to the fact of how many Vehicles w/ Spektrum RX stuff I already own or will soon own...

Thank you!

Last edited:
I can't comment on the other options, but the STX2 has a pretty bad reputation for poor range and reliability. I would steer clear of using it for more stuff.

Personally, I've been debating switching some stuff over to a DX5 rugged setup.

Thank you for moving the topic into its own thread @ mods.
&
See, I just eyeballed the DX5 Rugged and it seems perfect for me! I'd just like to know first if - there are any differences in it vs the DX5C?

They both use the same DSMR/ DSM2 modulation. The DX5C oddly comes with a 6 channel RX, versus the 5 channel with the rugged. This seems unnecessary as they are both 5 channel TX. The rugged has better durability and defense against water damage. The interesting thing for me though is that the rugged has thumb steering, for one handed operation. Aside from that, I believe they are more of less functionally the same.

Good to know, thanks for the info!
&
Since the most I think I will ever need is 3CH for RWS for the Crawler(s) and I live in the swamps of SWFL and will be doing a lot of bashing/crawling primarily - the rugged seems PERFECT!!!
&
So it seems I am sold on the DX5 Rugged + 2/3-CH Spektrum RX's for all Vehicles; again, thank you!

Latest posts

Members online

Back