Serve saver needed?

Fordy_c

Hi
So I’m new to this and slowly getting my head around things.
I’ve done a couple of upgrades now on my 2wd Ruckus including metal gears and I’ve just upgraded the servo to a spectrum s6020 along with the RPM servo saver eliminator. The difference in the steering is huge and I’m really happy but now I’m thinking do I need a servo saver aswell and if so which one as I’ve had a look online and I have no idea?
Any help would be appreciated
Cheers

No, you don't need a servo saver. I've been racing three different cars (ECX Circuit, TLR 22 3.0 buggy, and TLR 22T 3.0 truck) for the past two years on indoor tracks and have crashed HARD many many times and have broken front swing arms and camber blocks; cracked wheels, and turned bodies into plastic confetti and have only stripped ONE plastic servo arm. And NONE of my friends (or any racer that I know of) uses a servo saver. That's not to say that you won't ever ruin a servo gear train due to a crash, but in my experience the added complexity and reduced steering precision isn't really worth installing a servo saver.

It's also been my experience that steering and camber tie rods will pop off the ball studs thus protecting the servo.

Lol, I’m not sure!! I wanted to get rid of the slop as the standard Ruckus steering/servos are rubbish so read about the eliminator and at the same time got the servo. Now I’ve just read on one the sites that sells the eliminator that they recommend kimbrough servo savers if you want one so I’m wandering if I should get one? Will it give the steering more slop? If I have a crash now am I likely to break the servo etc? This didn’t cross my mind until I read about it.
I’m still learning!!

No, you don't need a servo saver. I've been racing three different cars (ECX Circuit, TLR 22 3.0 buggy, and TLR 22T 3.0 truck) for the past two years on indoor tracks and have crashed HARD many many times and have broken front swing arms and camber blocks; cracked wheels, and turned bodies into plastic confetti and have only stripped ONE plastic servo arm. And NONE of my friends (or any racer that I know of) uses a servo saver. That's not to say that you won't ever ruin a servo gear train due to a crash, but in my experience the added complexity and reduced steering precision isn't really worth installing a servo saver.

It's also been my experience that steering and camber tie rods will pop off the ball studs thus protecting the servo.
Thanks for the reply, I’ll start looking in to other upgrades then and will no doubt be back asking more questions soon
Cheers buddy

The short answer is no, a servo saver isn't necessary. If you want some added protection, use plastic servo horns. Most likely then the plastic horn will strip on the metal gear of the servo if there's an issue. Then replace the cheap horn and move on.

The short answer is no, a servo saver isn't necessary. If you want some added protection, use plastic servo horns. Most likely then the plastic horn will strip on the metal gear of the servo if there's an issue. Then replace the cheap horn and move on.
I use a plastic servo horn and ball cups for the steering tie rods as added insurance for not ruining my servo with the servo eliminator on my Circuit. So far, so good. I would rather replace a plastic Servo horn than a complete servo.

I use a plastic servo horn and ball cups for the steering tie rods as added insurance for not ruining my servo with the servo eliminator on my Circuit. So far, so good. I would rather replace a plastic Servo horn than a complete servo.
?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back