Servo Issues

Drewman

Hey guys,

So a little while back I was running 3S on my 4000Kv Kinexsis system and suddenly i lost pretty much all power to my steering (it still steered a little but something was definitely being shorted or fried or something). With this and black friday coming up soon, i thought I should ask before i impulse buy.

First of all, what happened to my servo? I thought the ESC regulated the voltage to my servo, but as soon as i put it back on 2S it worked fine. Im currently using the HS-645MG.

Second of all, what should i replace it with? Im looking for a digital one (my friend had really good things to say about Savox).

Thanks guys and have a good thanksgiving!

My Kinexsis 4000 kv fried 2 servos because of a voltage issue coming from the esc. I sent it back to Horizon and they sent me an entire new combo. Haven't had any problems since.

I wonder if you were having a brown out and you need BEC for the servo to supply proper voltage (6v for that servo)

I doubt the brownout. I run two steering servos in my Temper crawler for 4WS. The Hobbywing ESC provides 6V/3A which is nothing special. The ESCs (Hobbywing Justock) in my race cars only provide 2A max. The servos I run in those cars (A Savox 1257 and a Turnigy 1258) don't come close to taxing the ESC even at stall.

Latest posts

Members online

Back