Shock Cleaning

Badgerman45

I have a ECX AMP Crush-about a month old. The manual says to take apart and clean the shocks every 3-5 hours. Is that necessary? That seems excessive. Any thoughts or opinions on shock maintenance?

Unfortunately you're going to have to just experiment to see what kind of service interval you get. As the piston moves in the shock body, it'll draw in air, fine particulate matter, etc. Driving in wet/muddy or dusty environments the shock will draw in some of that water and dust and it will contaminate the oil. The seals will obviously start to suffer as will the shock piston shafts which in turn will allow more contaminants into the shock body. You can get a bottle of 30wt shock oil (Associated is my fave) and it will last several refills!

I have a ECX AMP Crush-about a month old. The manual says to take apart and clean the shocks every 3-5 hours. Is that necessary? That seems excessive. Any thoughts or opinions on shock maintenance?
Yeah 5 hours is about 20 packs through the car figuring 15 minute average run times.

Latest posts

Members online

Back