Shock oil?

P0SEID0N2025

I love offroading and im not sure what weight i should get for heavy off roading and sometimes huge jumps? Also im wondering what are the affects of camber?

I love offroading and im not sure what weight i should get for heavy off roading and sometimes huge jumps? Also im wondering what are the affects of camber?

Hey, I would recommend 40wt oil. It is kinda like the standard middle of the road oil. Camber is supposed to angle the tires to compensate for the lost contact area on the road due to body roll in high speed corners.

I prefer a lighter oil weight. I want the shock to actually cycle and dampen the jumps, bumps and whoops. Too thick of an oil and the shock will not function properly. Spring rate has a lot to do with it also. A combination of both gets that "sweet" spot that you are looking for. (y)

I prefer a lighter oil weight. I want the shock to actually cycle and dampen the jumps, bumps and whoops. Too thick of an oil and the shock will not function properly. Spring rate has a lot to do with it also. A combination of both gets that "sweet" spot that you are looking for. (y)
I mainly rock crawl, thinking 20 wt oil and maybe a lighter weight spring, I'm new to RC crawling. First Crawler was a Losi 1/10 Night Crawler, love that thing, but roasted the motor, so it's down until I can round up a motor, hopefully in the AM. Took my EXC out today for some crawling and busted the motor skid plate where the lower front link connects, part # EXC 211028, can't find one in stock anywhere, would like to find an after market aluminum skid?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back