Shocks other than stock

Tama

Hi all.
Just wondering what shocks are every1 running on there Amps (MT/DB).
I'm just wanting my rig not to bottom out as much that's all.
Spring rate/Oil thickness?
Am still learning,
TIA

I'm still running the stock shocks on mine with the stock springs and 45wt oil and it made the suspension pretty good. Also pretty much most of the shocks that fit the Slash, SC10, T4 and HPI Firestorm will fit. I kind of want to try out the Proline shocks for the Slash but not sure if it's worth the $$$

I'm still running the stock shocks on mine with the stock springs and 45wt oil and it made the suspension pretty good. Also pretty much most of the shocks that fit the Slash, SC10, T4 and HPI Firestorm will fit. I kind of want to try out the Proline shocks for the Slash but not sure if it's worth the $$$
I have the proline powerstrokes on my 2wd slash. They are not worth the money

Tamara, this is the shocks that I run on my Amp. They are pricey 56 dollars a set but you can probably get them cheaper on Ebay. You also have to fill them with shock oil, 80 to 100 wt.

20190505_003808.jpg
20190505_005625.jpg20190108_163139.jpg

The ECX aluminum shocks are actually quite good. Replace the stock o-rings with x-rings or grooved o-rings and you'll get even better performance. Whereas a standard o-ring provides a single contact on the piston shaft, an x-ring/grooved o-ring provides TWO. So with two x-rings in place you get four seal ridges. X-rings are generally a lower-friction material so you suffer no increase in drag/friction at the piston shaft.

That said, it's NOT the shock itself that will change handling performance. It's the oil and springs that make the difference. The oil that comes in the stock plastic shocks (and the aluminum shocks) is about 30wt. I suggest that you experiment with 45/37.5 F/R (yes, heavier/thicker in the front). A key point is that, when functioning properly your car is supposed to bottom out on the big jumps. Thicker oil causes the shock to be slower to respond and is good for big jumps. Thinner oil is faster to respond and good for smaller bumps. It's going to be a bit of a compromise.

Members online

No members online now.
Back