Shredded stock differential :-D

BabyDyke415

20170602_140236.jpg
So... obviously plastic sucks.. but did this happen due to a slipper clutch being set to tight? I replaced it with metal gears, I still want to learn though. My friends that put my ECX AMP MT together for me and from what I could tell.. the slipper didn't slip at all so I think that is why it happened?

Slipper being too tight is certainly a possibility. Another is how it was driven. Do you do alot of jumping or drive on uneven/ bouncy terrain? If so, being on the throttle as you land can cause these kinds of issues.

Slipper being too tight is certainly a possibility. Another is how it was driven. Do you do alot of jumping or drive on uneven/ bouncy terrain? If so, being on the throttle as you land can cause these kinds of issues.
Yeah I was, big time... it started making noise after a big jump a few times and I didn't know to also let off the throttle for better protection of the parts!

You can use the throttle to adjust your jump while in the air, just make sure to be off when you land. That way the slipper will absorb alot of that drive line shock. As soon as you hit the ground you can get back on the throttle.

I wouldn't say the stock plastic transmission gears "suck." I race my Circuit (it's the same as an AMP) with a 13.5t brushless motor with 78/28 gearing AND a plastic pinion gear and have yet to strip anything. It's all about driving style. And setting your slipper clutch properly.

Tighten the slipper all the way locked, then back off two turns for a start. Then back off one more turn and listen for whining/buzzing when you punch the throttle from a stand-still. It should only make that noise for a couple of feet. If it goes longer, tighten a quarter turn and re-test.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back