Simple fixes for 1/18 Torment

Jeb

8DF154DE-218B-4354-8685-2752FDE4878C.jpeg 91F581BA-7631-43B1-89AF-90DF5E1E2E08.jpeg 75D0E307-C1FC-4EEE-B489-3716EB325ABC.jpeg 0CB1A1F5-7208-486C-8342-69ACA0551C15.jpeg My son picked up a 1/18 Torment last Fall for running indoors at our local hobbyshop this Winter. It’s a small plywood track with some banked turns and jumps. The little truck is fast, but its stock set up had poor handling. I didn’t want to put a lot of money in this rig, but there are a few things you can do to dramatically improve handling. We lowered the shock stance by using the outer hole on the shock towers and outer hole on the a arms. We put 40w oil in the front shocks, and 30w in the rear. We put a Fast Eddy’s bearing kit in it and added one washer between the drive pin and outer wheel bearings to get rid of some of the axle play. We also got a venom 2000 MaH lipo to improve run time. The single most important upgrade for this truck is a better radio and esc. We had those from and Associated Apex mini that has a broken driveshaft and we can’t find replacements anymore. The steering lag on the stock electronics made the truck very hard to control on a tight track. The upgraded radio and esc turned this truck into a competitive truck that’s a joy to drive. My son actually placed 2nd in last weeks race with it. He did have problems with popping the cvd on the front axle. They pop back in, but then continued to do so, so I swapped it with one of the rears. Problem fixed. Probably ought to get him a new set of tires now as he has burned the tread right off the original tires. Have fun guys!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Back