Slipper Pad/Clutch Adjustment Tips?

You raise good points about having to "chase" the proper slipper setting. On both race cars (TLR 22 buggy and stadium truck) this is a setting that I am constantly paying attention to and frequently adjusting. It's just understood that this is a maintenance item.

I'm not sure which TLR 22 vehicles you have, but anything earlier than the 3.0 has the worst slippers ever invented! I spent a lot of time and money trying to figure out why the slipper never worked properly on my 2.0 SCT. They made it a little better in the 3.0/4.0 by using a stiffer slipper spring, so at a minimum I would try that.

The real fix is to get a 5.0 topshaft and slipper assembly, where they finally fixed the problem once and for all. I'm not 100% sure it's compatible with the 1.0/2.0 (it definitely will fit a 3.0/4.0), but most likely it does. I think they even sell a little kit to do the upgrade.

I'm not sure which TLR 22 vehicles you have, but anything earlier than the 3.0 has the worst slippers ever invented!

Both my 22 cars are the 3.0 version but I run Avid's Triad Evo spur/slipper combination. Three PTFE pads. Works well, but they get a real workout on the carpet.

Hey new to The forum I have an ECX amp 110 and I was wondering if it's possible to do a slipper clutch delete on it is that a thing or no

Hey new to The forum I have an ECX amp 110 and I was wondering if it's possible to do a slipper clutch delete on it is that a thing or no

On a full race vehicle where the entire driveline is bulletproof and you're trying to wring out every last ounce of power, it's a thing. On anything other than a maximum effort vehicle, you're just setting yourself up to spend money. It's designed to slip to protect the driveline from sudden shocks.

Crank your adjustment nut all the way tighten and you've effectively done a 99% delete. You may want to get your checkbook ready if you still have plastic axles, spur, transmission, hubs, etc.

Latest posts

Members online

Back