sllick2500s Ecx Ruckus 2wd.

slick2500

I swore I made a build thread for this truck when I made one for my Torment but I guess I didn't.

Well anyway I bought this bad boy almost 6 years ago, I can't remember the exact date but it was sometime in August of 2015 when I picked it up.

Here it is all brand new and fresh out of the box next to my 1/18 Ruckus.
20150821_152349 (1).jpg

And how she sits today.

20210808_201211.jpg

20210808_201104.jpg

20210808_201051.jpg

20210808_200703.jpg

As far as mods this is what has been done.
  • Rpm front a arms.
  • Rpm servo saver eliminator.
  • Axial aluminum servo horn.
  • Savox 0230MG servo.
  • Traxxas VXL 3s 2 pole esc.
  • Traxxas VXL 3500kv 2 pole motor.
  • Proline Trencher tires on Traxxas Allstar wheels.
  • Traxxas wheelie bar.
  • Fast Eddy bearings.
  • Bad Horsie diff locking grease in rear diff.
  • All screws, except the stupid proprietary shoulder screws replaced with hex head screws.
  • Team Associated SC10 58T 32p spur.
  • 11T 32p pinion.
  • Ecx metal trans gears.
  • Traxxas Rustler 4x4 rear driveshafts.
  • Hot Racing front caster blocks and hubs.
  • Arrma 4mmx48mm camber links with Traxxas rod ends.
  • HPI Vorza Turnbuckles with Traxxas rod ends.
  • Cheapo eBay VW bug body.
  • eBay 3D printer thumb washer body retainers.
  • Stock shocks.
  • Stock DX2E radio.

Last edited:
Looks good 👍💪🏻 Like the body for sure makes a change. Is the pitch different with the spur and pinion a big difference and what kind of speed difference did it make over stock Defo something I’m looking into at the minute

It's a little slower than stock, but only because I need to get a larger pinion, the 11T just barely gets good mesh with the spur, it was all I had in my parts bin at the time. I don't really drive it that much and it mostly just gets used as a loaner.

What was the motivation behind the 32p setup?

58/11 is a pretty decent change from the stock 87/18. What are your driving impressions?

32p has larger teeth and they are less likely to strip.

Was this a problem you experienced and something I should be looking out for or were you upgrading to prevent a problem before it happened?

Was there any change in pitch/volume? Coming from the 1:1 car/bike world, these 48P metal gears are super quiet for an unlubricated metal on metal setup

Was this a problem you experienced and something I should be looking out for or were you upgrading to prevent a problem before it happened?

Was there any change in pitch/volume? Coming from the 1:1 car/bike world, these 48P metal gears are super quiet for an unlubricated metal on metal setup

Yeah I stripped a lot of the stock plastic ones and it doesn't wear down as fast. I have the Hot Racing one on the Torment that I gave to my nephew. I just wanted to try something different on the Ruckus.

Yeah it is quieter than the Torment is for sure.

I tried a 15t pinion but hit 180* by the end of the run going to go back to the 11t. And I either need to dremel out the rear a arms or get some Rpm arms for it as I keep getting rocks stuck in the stock ones.

I tried a 15t pinion but hit 180* by the end of the run going to go back to the 11t. And I either need to dremel out the rear a arms or get some Rpm arms for it as I keep getting rocks stuck in the stock ones.

I have the RPM and it’s not as much of a problem but will still get one up between the trans and rear shock tower on occasion. Though we do little gravel. What about a 13 for a compromise? Gearing was some of the most effective antiwheelie I did. There was one point where I could use so little throttle that it wasn’t fun to even take it outside.

I have the RPM and it’s not as much of a problem but will still get one up between the trans and rear shock tower on occasion. Though we do little gravel. What about a 13 for a compromise? Gearing was some of the most effective antiwheelie I did. There was one point where I could use so little throttle that it wasn’t fun to even take it outside.
I don't have a 13t :ROFLMAO: I have 3 or 4 15t, 3 11t and a 9t no idea where they all came from.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back