Smaller Battery for Kids

slfmde

I know this isn't going to win me any popularity points but can I put a smaller batter in a 1:18 Ruckus? If so can someone please point me in the right direction? I would like to do this because I purchased this for my 4yr boys and need to tone it down.

Thank you!

I don't know which battery uses the tiny Ruckus, but if you want to slow down the car you can stick a piece of foam with some tape in the trigger, limiting in some way the trigger travel in the transmitter.
You can also look for batteries with less voltage, can't tell if they'll be available.
Hope it helps.

Try a 6.0v (5 cell) that’s roughly the same dimensions. Don’t know of any off hand, but search the web and you’ll find something. That will definitely slow the truck down.

I don’t know what transmitter the 1/18 Ruckus comes with but my 1/10 came with a Spektrum STX2. It has a throttle control that can be set to 50%, 75%, or 100%. Using it or another transmitter with this feature might be a better idea. That way you can increase the max throttle as they grow instead of buying low voltage batteries that will be collecting dust in a few months.

The Radio has a knob on it to turn the throttle down. Its under the little flip up lid.
You want to adjust the throttle dual rate. Turn it clockwise to increase speed and counterclockwise to decrease speed if I remember correctly.

transmitter-controls.png

Members online

No members online now.
Back