Smaller tires

So i got my son a ruckus for Christmas and he and I want to know if you change the size of wheels and tires. I guess the actual question is would it make it performbetter with smaller wheels and tires?

It would definitely perform different but I don't know about better. If you're doing off road I would stick with the bigger tires but if you are running it on the street some smaller tires may be nice. I notice that my tires seem bulky at low speed and it seems to struggle to steer but once you get your speed up it doesn't seem to be an issue.

So i got my son a ruckus for Christmas and he and I want to know if you change the size of wheels and tires. I guess the actual question is would it make it performbetter with smaller wheels and tires?
Did you end up getting new tires? If so, did it perform better and was the purpose for pavement usage by chance? Thinking about getting pavement specific tires.

Smaller tires mean a few things. First is reduced ground clearance, it will bottom out easier if you don't beef up the suspension. Second is lower center of gravity, it will not roll as easily (not that the ruckus is very prone to rolling, it's not a stampede). Third is lower gearing, as you reduce the rollout it will be slower at top speed, accelerate faster and be gentler or the motor. Fourth is lower rotational mass, it will change direction better as there is less of a gyroscopic effect from the tires.

Will it perform better? Depends on what you want to do with it...

I'm just interested in a little better handling and tires that are meant for pavement usage so I don't wear out the off-road tires. Back in the day, I had a cheap Tamiya buggy that I was able to get hard FOAM tires for pavement use. I was wearing out the nubby off-road tires on the pavement. Worked great on that buggy and wasn't hard to swap them out.

You could always buy a set of Torment wheels, bumpers and body and have a 2 in 1 RC. My son started with the Torment, but after upgrading the motor to brushless we also changed the wheels, body and bumpers to that of the Ruckus. The handling characteristics are worlds apart. It's fun to be able to change between the two.

Members online

No members online now.
Back