Special adjustment when replacing spur gear?

Gear mesh?

Fold a piece of paper strip, so it's doubled over, and place it in between the spur and pinion. Then adjust the motor (pinion) over so it is snug against the paper/spur. Then rotate the gears until the paper comes out.

Done.

Gear mesh?

Fold a piece of paper strip, so it's doubled over, and place it in between the spur and pinion. Then adjust the motor (pinion) over so it is snug against the paper/spur. Then rotate the gears until the paper comes out.

Done.
Ok I got that but on the pinion this is a 4x4 torment do I just tighten it are is there a special adjustment

Line the pinion with the spur so that it sits in the middle of the teeth. Add blue loctite to the threads on the grub screw securing the pinion to the motor shaft and tighten. Make sure the grub screw is tightening on the flat spot of the motor shaft.

No paper. You will strip your spur.
Use your eyes and ears. Teeth need to be 4/5 in between pinion/spur teeth and move freely. Ensure your spur slipper clutch assembly is locked full tight with wrench then back off 1/2 turn. Blue loctite grub screw. After only 5 plastic spurs since April 2019...on 3S and 4S...get a Hot Racing hardened steel 45T mod 1.0 spur and a touch of white lithium grease. AND RobinsonRacing hard steel pinion. Ecx are not hardened anyway. Amazing difference and less friction on motor; not necessarily noisier lol. Smoother indeed. Do not glue the slipper pads as you'll need to regularly replace if you are bashing 3S or 4S like me.. .be smooth. Have fun.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back