Spectrum STX200 Momentary Loss of control

DantheMan

I am new to the 2.4ghz radio systems, and so far...my bad experiences do not compare to that of the AM days.

I have noticed now on a more than a few occasions, that at any given time, doing a blast of throttle and back to neutral while bashing around....that sometimes the model will delay the neutral position(off throttle) and give me a panic attack remaining at full throttle.

When this happens, I have a mini heart attack...panic and command brakes..and 1.5-2 seconds later..I have control again.
**I have another model with a 2,4ghz Futaba system (XP120)..and no such problem.

(However...the antenna for the reciever is always standing tall thru a short tube)
***I wonder if this is a "Range" issue?....most times when the lack of control occurs, the model is over 100ft or so away from me. The next curious question, what is the recievers protocol when the model does go beyond range?

For those wondering what was discovered in this exact circumstance I described:

-The stock ESC (this is the Dynamite 60amp ESC)wasn't happy. I don't know why this worked but it did.
*I moved the mode jumper to "crawler" mode powered it back up and operated the throttle.
*Powered off the ESC, then moved the jumper to "No reverse mode", powered it back up and operated the throttle.
*I then powered the ESC off and went back to Normal "forward/reverse mode", powered it back up and operated the throttle.

-The odd behavior/momentary loss of control is now gone.

Members online

No members online now.
Back