Speed difference with Brushless

DeGe

I want to upgrade to brushless for some extra speed but don't have the faintest idea about the difference from stock motor to either 3300KV 4000KV or 5400KV. What size is good? Presently on 2S lipo I'm getting 30km/hr (19m/hr). What speed are you getting on your motor?

What car do you have?

With my brushless systems In my 2wd cars I get just under 40mph on 2s with good temperatures on the motor and esc. I’ve gotten up to 50mph on 3s but it’s uncontrollable, over heats and breaks everything.

Amp Mt.
3300kv Goolrc, 60A Esc, seems to go fine. Only running 2s and I'd say easy 45km+. That's no programming or any real fine tuning. Have the same setup in a 4wd frankinstine build and goes harder.
Son's Amp Mt runs the same Esc but with slightly higher kv motor and goes quicker again.
Pic is what i run, just with a 3300kv motor and purchsed from Wish lol ☺️

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191201-121809_Wish.jpg
    Screenshot_20191201-121809_Wish.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 12
I was pretty underwhelmed with the performance of the stock motor so went to a generic 3650 3900kV brushless with a 60A ESC.

The only LiPos I had were 3S 1500mAh drone batteries so I ran these and the speeds were extreme and uncontrollable. I soon stripped the plastic gears so upgraded to metal gears in the transmission.

I had to turn down the throttle end point to 60% of max just to keep speeds manageable in my medium sized yard. I've now got 2S 2200mAh batteries and throttle back at 100% and its much more manageable.

I don't have any actual numbers on top speed, but I'm not sure that it is really the key thing to look for. The acceleration is MUCH faster on a brushless which counts for more than top speed IMHO. Also, the braking action is a lot more positive and programmable with a brushless motor.

Last edited:
Just did the gears with the standard motor. Started with one click when taking off now about three clicks not as loud. Have ordered the metal gears (and a few other parts that are common brakers). Up to 45km/hr from 30km/hr seems like a good jump. Will start looking at 3300KVA setups..

My truck is a bit mental on a GoolRC S3650 4300KV Sensorless Brushless Motor 60A ESC + Card Combo Set P7I9.

In the damp conditions on tarmac on stock wheels it can't stay in a straight line.

On an astro track its a bit better but still a bit skippy at speed but that's probably tyre related.

The ESC has very limited options on the program card, but I am used to my SKYRC Toro for my Drift car.

I am currently running some 3400 2S Lipo's.

ebay 3330KV (12T) brushless...well.........original versus the brushless.........Holly Carp........

Need to change the shock oil so it doesn't bottom out when I jump gutters. Hit the gutter from the road at full speed and almost jumped a six foot fence...

Have added a lump of steel to the front end to prevent the constant wheelies. If it hits someone in the ankle at full speed I reckon it'll break their leg....

Back rubber is going to wear out real quick.....Love it....

Just strapped the phone to the top..top speed 58.9km/hr. that's with a 1/2 x4 inch bolt tied to the front and a mobile phone on top so just over 60km/hr...Double the speed to the original 20T motor, I'm actually braking the law in my street cause the limit is 50km/hr.

Just strapped the phone to the top..top speed 58.9km/hr. that's with a 1/2 x4 inch bolt tied to the front and a mobile phone on top so just over 60km/hr...Double the speed to the original 20T motor, I'm actually braking the law in my street cause the limit is 50km/hr.
I'd love to see the video of the cop giving you a ticket

Latest posts

Members online

Back