Spur gear for ecx circuit.

Danman

Hello everyone, I was running a plastic gear set for a while and it has damaged, so i changed it to a metal gear set. I thought it was going to come with a metal spur gear too, but it did not. Now i am looking for one. Any suggestions on where i can find one for my Ecx Circuit.

Hi!

The metal spur gear is for the 1/10 2WD ECX platform. So yes, It will fit the Circuit, Boost and AMP.
When ever you are replacing the spur gear, it's recommended to change the slipper clutch as well.
On youtube there are videos explaining about the metal gear swap etc.

-Dave

Hi!

The metal spur gear is for the 1/10 2WD ECX platform. So yes, It will fit the Circuit, Boost and AMP.
When ever you are replacing the spur gear, it's recommended to change the slipper clutch as well.
On youtube there are videos explaining about the metal gear swap etc.

-Dave
Thanks you so much dave

Danman, the spur gear you were told to get is a hardened steel spur, hardness of S45C, and about .40% carbon, pretty hard. You will want to get a hardened pinion also as the hardened spur will eat up a mild steel pinion. Do not use a mild steel or aluminum pinion with a hardened spur, you will be constantly changing pinions. Hope this helps you out.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back