Steering binding

LasertechJesus

New to this and this is my first car.
Amp I recently built.
Steering binding. Disconnected from the servo and servo works perfect.
Took it all apart, can't see anything obvious. Just wondering if this is common with factory parts.

If you overtighten the steering spindle bolt (the one that sits at an angle downwards in the center of it), it will bind badly. Otherwise I have no idea.

How is it binding? The servo saver on these are junk, and it won't recenter well after letting off the steering knob. Is that what is happening to you? Servo is weak too, would recommend an all metal gear servo and the rpm servo saver eliminater. If that's not your issue, take it apart again and move each part individually untill you find the issue. Happened to me when I installed the hr aluminium front knuckles with new shoulder screws. I had to slightly drill out where the shoulder screws go through the caster block.

How is it binding? The servo saver on these are junk, and it won't recenter well after letting off the steering knob. Is that what is happening to you? Servo is weak too, would recommend an all metal gear servo and the rpm servo saver eliminater. If that's not your issue, take it apart again and move each part individually untill you find the issue. Happened to me when I installed the hr aluminium front knuckles with new shoulder screws. I had to slightly drill out where the shoulder screws go through the caster block.

I did figure it out by loosening the screws on the linkage. It still isn't perfect, as you said when you let go of the steering wheel it doesn't center well at all.
Since then, I did get aluminum parts and plan on changing the servo. Any recommendations on a servo upgrade?

I like the ds3218 servos. I got 2 for $32 with metal horns. I just checked eBay, search ds3218, there is one listed for 15.48. They are waterproof, metal gears and have 20kg torque.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back