Steering not working

BriaN

I was using my ECX amp, perfectly find, and now it does not work. The motor spun and the wheels moved, but the front two wheels did not turn on my ECX. I took out the Servo and tried out the steering, and it did NOT work, does anyone else have this problem? I fully charged my lipo and transmitter to test it again, and still nothing. Anyone have any advice? If not, I’m gonna probably try to find a cheap waterproof Servo on ebay

I was using my ECX amp, perfectly find, and now it does not work. The motor spun and the wheels moved, but the front two wheels did not turn on my ECX. I took out the Servo and tried out the steering, and it did NOT work, does anyone else have this problem? I fully charged my lipo and transmitter to test it again, and still nothing. Anyone have any advice? If not, I’m gonna probably try to find a cheap waterproof Servo on ebay
Went through a simular situation a few weeks ago on my daughters amp. The esc fried and fried her servo at the same time. At first I thought the servo was just gone as I could still go foward and reverse just not turn. So I put a new servo in and nothing. I figured the waterproofing isnt to good and my daughter likes hitting every puddle she can find and it caused the esc to fry. I fixed it by installing a new transmitter and a extra esc I had from a ruckus that I switched to brushless. I still do not know why they made the reciever and esc one unit in the amp. Hopfully yours is just your servo.

I recently upgraded to brushless, and my esc smoked up. I haven’t used my amp since, and now my Servo does not work and I installed a new esc. I stuck in the esc, the esc was working, and the receiver was working, but I tried turning the Servo with the transmitter and it did NOT work. I hope it’s a one item fix. I’m probably going to get a new Servo, because the esc and receiver work fine

Plug the servo into another port on the receiver, or another receiver if you have one. If it doesn't function, swap for a new servo.

ive had the same issue this week what is a good servo to get

Actually, DO NOT buy this servo, it is too big for the amp, ;( I can’t even use it because the steering is not working and the new servo is HUGE! It said1/10...

Last edited:
It can fit. Just have to move the servo mounts back a tad. Drill new holes for the mounts just past the old holes. Then either reuse the stock servo horn, or cut off the excess threads of the 2 holes on the new servo horn, so it's flush with the rest of the horn.20181007_141045.jpg20181007_141022.jpg

Thank you, I will try this, but Have you tried the servo in water yet?

Last edited:
Yep. 2 of them have. Seen some serious crashes too. Steering is a lot better with one of these. I also added a 3rd screw through the side of the chassis to the servo mounts

Last edited:
I don’t know why, but I’m trying to do this and there is just not enough space for the servo to turn

Yup! It still does not fit, strangely, even though yours fits.

How exactly does it not fit? Got pictures of the problem?

Using stock horn or metal horn that came with servo?

If you use the the metal horn the bellcrank arm may hit the servo horn not allowing full turn to the right is this your problem?

I tried using both servo horns, the old plastic one and the new metal one, the metal one def. doesn’t fit. Also , I think that is the problem, would it help if I posted a quick video of the problem? I will do it later, I’m busy currently

Here is a picture, I got the servo to fit, but for some reason it does not turn? The servo turns, but not the wheels.
Also the steering arm keeps on falling off cause it got stripped, it’s plastic - is that the problem?
Picture-

Video-
Hopefully this helps, I’m really confused on why it’s not turning.

Attachments

• D88D9593-ABA2-486F-AC5D-3240B485B90F.jpeg
    D88D9593-ABA2-486F-AC5D-3240B485B90F.jpeg
    121.8 KB · Views: 6
Also, can you please say how you took off that ball screw on the plastic servo arm and put it on the metal arm?

You need to use a fine thread screw to attach the servo horn to the servo spline. There should be a small short fine thread screw included with your new servo to screw into the servo spline. You not using the screw to attach the servo horn and trying to use the servo you might have stripped the spline in the servo horn. The servo horn MUST be secured to the servo spline with a screw.

DO NOT use a coarse thread screw in a metal gear servo.

Last edited:
Should you decide to use the metal horn remember there are two screws with 1.5mm heads that need to be loosened then tightened to the servo spline.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back