Steering operates but car does not respond to throttle movement

Naqib3252

Hi,

I recently got my nephew a 1/10 4wd Electric Short Course Truck and it was operating fine for the first few runs, however now i have encountered a problem.

When I turn it on you can hear the beep and the LED light keeps flashing,and when I run the steering the wheels turn. However, it does not respond to any throttle movement - on some tries the wheels move for a bit and then it goes dead again.

I first encountered this problem when I took my nephew out on a wet day and he was running it on some grass.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Check your manual and se if there’s any thing for low voltage cut off. If you are running a NiMH battery it will shut down the motor and only steering will work.

Hi,

I recently got my nephew a 1/10 4wd Electric Short Course Truck and it was operating fine for the first few runs, however now i have encountered a problem.

When I turn it on you can hear the beep and the LED light keeps flashing,and when I run the steering the wheels turn. However, it does not respond to any throttle movement - on some tries the wheels move for a bit and then it goes dead again.

I first encountered this problem when I took my nephew out on a wet day and he was running it on some grass.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you!
I know it’s a bit late but I just bought the ECX Torment 4x4. Long story short, in a 2 day time frame, I went through both an original motor and swapped out motor. With the brushed motors, I’m guessing that the smallest of pebbles can get inside there and jack the copper up hence it happened to mine in that 2 day time frame with both motors. I went back the third day and ended up buying a brushless kit combo and it’s been running fine no issues.

I know it’s a bit late but I just bought the ECX Torment 4x4. Long story short, in a 2 day time frame, I went through both an original motor and swapped out motor. With the brushed motors, I’m guessing that the smallest of pebbles can get inside there and jack the copper up hence it happened to mine in that 2 day time frame with both motors. I went back the third day and ended up buying a brushless kit combo and it’s been running fine no issues.

Hi Brandon,

Thank you for the reply (and sorry for the late reply).

How would I know if the motor is damaged? Also, what combo kit would you recommend if I were to replace it?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back