Steering stopped - thoughts?

netmatt

So I took the AMP out in a construction area, and came down off a hill into a puddle that was much deeper than it looked, or I expected :( When it emerged, steering was not functioning. It would go, but would not steer. ...and has not since. I am thinking the 75% dunking in that puddle messed up the servo or the ESC combo? Thoughts? It goes forward and reverse, the servo just does not move at all.

Do you have another servo? Or another RC you could plug that servo into to test? I would figure out which is damaged by swapping known good components.

I’m waiting on delivery of two set is from Banggood. Your LHS will be able to test it for sure, but odds are the servo fried.

OK, so I got the new servo, and no mas. Is the servo just plug and play, or is there some pairing or setup I need to do with that combined ESC?

My Redcat’s receiver packed it in and did the same thing, throttle worked but no steering. Since I had a DumboRC transmitter and receiver I plugged those in and the servo and throttle worked fine.

Do you have another servo? Or another RC you could plug that servo into to test? I would figure out which is damaged by swapping known good components.

I wish I did, but unfortunately no. I ended up getting some small upgrades for my Xterra for Fathers Day instead, and my son joined the school Mountain Bike league (which is not cheap) so I am going to have to wait a few weeks to scrounge for the motor/ESC/Receiver upgrade, ugh. There is always something...

I wish I did, but unfortunately no. I ended up getting some small upgrades for my Xterra for Fathers Day instead, and my son joined the school Mountain Bike league (which is not cheap) so I am going to have to wait a few weeks to scrounge for the motor/ESC/Receiver upgrade, ugh. There is always something...
It takes 3 weeks to get it but Banggood is great.

[CA$25.14 31% OFF]TSKY 120A 1/10 1/8 6v ESC Senseless Brushless/Sense Brushless RC Car Part RC Parts from Toys Hobbies and Robot on banggood.com https://www.banggood.com/TSKY-120A-...essSense-Brushless-RC-Car-Part-p-1088705.html

[CA$43.52 5% OFF]DumboRC X6 2.4G 6CH Transmitter with X6FG Receiver for JJRC Q65 MN-90 Rc Car Boat Tank Model Parts RC Parts from Toys Hobbies and Robot on banggood.com https://www.banggood.com/DumboRC-X6...0-Rc-Car-Boat-Tank-Model-Parts-p-1454329.html

[CA$47.82 7% OFF]Surpass Hobby Waterproof F540 V2 Sensorless Brushless Motor with 60A ESC for 1/10 RC Vehicles RC Parts from Toys Hobbies and Robot on banggood.com https://www.banggood.com/Surpass-Ho...th-60A-ESC-for-110-RC-Vehicles-p-1548050.html

That 120amp ESC is an insane deal right now. I bought two.Just don’t believe it when they say “waterproof” - they usually aren’t.

The DumboRC transmitter is awesome. Extra receivers are $15 so you can toss receivers in multiple vehicles and they all work. That’s a 6 channel with a gyro and stability control (if you enable it - configurable) it’s faster than stock controllers and the range is completely insane. Farther than I can see.

Thanks for the links! I went ahead and ordered a Brushless/ESC combo. I'll post back when I get it, with a small review.

I have t gone brushless yet because I need the metal gears first. I did put the servo linked above in it and rebuilt the servo saver and checked that steering works smoothly with no binding.

I also didn’t like the camber on the rear so tried the inside holes but it was too much negative camber. So I used a set of turnbuckles to replace the camber links in the rear. They just barely clear the drive shafts. Now my rear camber is fully adjustable and I can tune it for much better handling. I think the main thing I need is softer compound rear tires with better grip.

4D1B86D3-B62C-43ED-AF4A-885D06E6C33D.jpeg

Latest posts

Members online

Back