Still here, still lurking.

WithinU

Hi gang, I am still here, and I am still lurking, reading your post's from time to time.
I still have my three 2wd Torments. We run them less than we used too, we/I purchased a Honda 4 wheeler, and well that seemed to be cooler than the little cars for now. We still run them, just not as much. I did upgrade a few things. We are "testing" 3s LiPo's now. LOL, probably a bad idea.
I never figured out the GoolRc brushless setup, maybe that is all it had to give, it still works, but it is the slowest one in the fleet now.

Anyhoo, I have been looking for aftermarket bodies, not necessarily stadium Trucks, thinking of doing something unique. But i'll tell ya finding bodies is a chore with the wheelbase and track width of the Torments.
So if anyone has ideas on how to find proper fitting bodies? I found some I liked alot, but the wheelbase on a Torment is 13.1", and most of the bodies I have found, or liked, are like 11-12", so is this a just make it fit thing? Suggestions of what to look for?

Thanks gang!

Side note, went for some testing over the weekend, ended up stripping a spur gear on one, and shattered the rear drive shafts on another, at the gear box. I have a set of Hot Racing steel spur gears on the way.

Are the Hot Racing rear drive axles the "go to" hop up? Or would stock ones hold up to a 3s step up?
Any other brands to look at for durability?

Well I have looked and looked and I can not find any Hot Racing Rear axles for sale.
So I emailed them, just out of curiosity that they may have some, and I also didn't know if they would sell direct to the public, but I gave it a shot, this is their response, if anyone else needs the information.

Hello,
We have been out of stock for quite some time, which explains why nobody else has any. Unfortunately we have no solid ETA for more.

Best regards,
Nf0-KIQIaqQBif0C5ErcJqwsguTzqSSQltP3TDkPsTXtUQrPDPlQ55twHSc1QZn51Q-qjEfcmB5FWx3ZYmp9=s0-d-e1-ft

I just run some metal traxxas slash 4x4 rear shafts on my 2 ecxs. Either gotta run new metal hexes or drill out the smaller diameter outside half of the stock hexes to match the larger inside diameter so its the same diameter the entire width.

Thanks for the reply @Steve g , I appreciate it. I have read here on the forums about the Slash axles. I may give them a go. While doing a lot of searching for the H.R. axles, and that email to them. I did happen to find a "knockoff" set of axles that look identical to the HR's, just a different anodized color. I ordered a set to test out, and will report on them and link too if and when they show up. Knowing my luck they will be junk, but we will see.

Latest posts

Members online

Back