T-Bone and Traxxas 3745 Stupid Questions

Gothenburg85

I have a couple questions that should have easy answers, but I can't find them on here:

T-Bone front bumper:

So I just installed one of the T-Bone front bumpers for my 2wd ECX03014. First, I uninstalled the existing bumper, installed this one, easy. BUT - after the first run, I noticed something I didn't think about: without the front bumper there, the hinge pins that hold the front A-arms in place can freely slide right out the front. Luckily, the bumper stopped it from sliding all the way out, but... what do you guys that run the T-Bone front bumper use to keep the hinge pins in place? Keep the stock bumper on? Cut it up and make it work?

Traxxas 3745 front links:

I bought these to replace the stock plastic cup end steering links, and realized that the Traxxas links are NOT cup ends, they require new screws. Are these screws included in the Dynamite SS screw set (considering buying), or is this just a trip to the hardware store to figure it out? (I'm already going there to figure out the Traxxas wheelie bar too.) Want to be sure I'm not missing something.

Thanks

The T-Bone bumper is my main concern. I know lots of people use these, and don't have the A-arm pins sliding out/forward on them, so I'd love to hear what you guys are running to prevent that.

The other stuff I'll just have to figure out at the hardware store, or maybe an aftermarket (Dynamite, etc) hardware set.

Those screws came included with my link set but you can use any fastener that fits. Use something with a nylock or use blue thread locker to keep it from jiggling loose. As for the pins, I haven't checked on the ruckus but they should be the same as on the amp. There's meant to be a flat piece that covers the pin ends from the front. Check the exploded diagram.

Those screws came included with my link set but you can use any fastener that fits. Use something with a nylock or use blue thread locker to keep it from jiggling loose. As for the pins, I haven't checked on the ruckus but they should be the same as on the amp. There's meant to be a flat piece that covers the pin ends from the front. Check the exploded diagram.

Thanks for the reply, Breaktime. My turnbuckles had no screws, but I'll make a trip to the hardware store and pick some up.

As far as the T-Bone bumper, the piece that is there besides the stock front bumper is just to hold the pin in its place, not stop it from sliding out/forward (ECX2006 white piece). I might just use some plastic or cardboard and fasten that, but it seems so ghetto haha. It's just odd that I can't find anything on here clarifying this, or that no one has had the issue.

I just watched rcoverload do his install to see what's missing. I saw the white piece with nothing extra. If you're going to fab something up I'd try machining a piececut from dollar store cuttingboard. Lay up the original piece to align all the holes and drill a shallow recess to cap those pins, or just sandwich the original under this piece. You might need longer hardware to put it all in place but it weighed be secure and you are going to the store already.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back