The ruckus 🦾

Imnoexpert Rc

So I only had my ruckus now for a few months after doing a lot of research for a basher worthy for my heavy handed but not half bad son. He started on a a959b wltoys buggy. Cheap cheap cheap and for the money very fast. My idea was nothing slower but something bigger. I unfortunately don’t have my son everyday so gives me a lot of time to sort and build a good fast brasher. I chose the ecx after a while umming and ahhhing to myself. Picked up a ruckus brushless which is ultimately what I wanted second hand no battery and stock pretty good condition till I closely inspected and found a arm on the front with a stretched whole right through where the pin goes through meaning. New arms. Rpm straight away cheap as chips and strong as a ox. Next was the leaky shocks. I added a very unknown weight oil out of a old Losi bottle that’s been beaten in the toolbox it was very thick though. I found after I cleaned added the smallest amount of grease around the outer bottom o ring tight rebuild and thick oil they perform good for the rough terrain it runs on. For the front I added Tamiya cv oil same process again. Battery pack later the rear driveshafts obliterate leaving my with my empty hand carrying a car and the other on my head is this this cursed. Okay so driveshafts next I researched and researched I refuse to buy a set of plastic traxxas drive shaft for one reason they’re plastic. I ended up putting my fist in my pocket and getting a set of MIP 10130. These fit with little modification I shaved about 5 mm round out the back of the carrier and it was done with no power tools simply a Stanley knife them it come with two different size washer / shims. The larger goes between your two carrier bearings and smaller the inside of the carrier on the axle itself spaces enough to not shave tonnes off the carrier and leave enough for the hex and wheeel the other side. These are keyed axles so you have to use the hex supplied unless you have keyed hexes already. Then was the stripping hexes in the wheeel. I stuck a longer bolt in the hex cut a slit out the hex insert for the wheel and bolted it down. It’s worked and I avoided buying new wheels as the tyres are still pretty tall with tread and they ain’t actually to bad as everyone criticises them for being a hard tread. I run the car on a 50c 5000 mah 2s battery every time and it suffered with not knowing where the front wheels where either cause of the sloppy steering or wheelies. Traxxas wheelie bars for a 2wd slash bandit fit pretty easy theres a lot of YouTube videos on this so I’ll save the pain of an explanation. As for the steering rpm saves the day again with there servo saver belllcrank eliminator even with the bushing not bearings brilliant performance mod steering works like it actually works 👏🏻 It’s not a hard job either but please please don’t think that’s the end the stock servo will be the next ruckus victim that will stop a gear quicker then ever and on inspection it’s no wonder the gear are paper thin plastic but expect anything else on a rtr truck? Amazon saves the day here guys 19.99 25kg servo does more then enough for the truck and proven many times to be not far off the advertised specs and if not above. nice Little clamp type aluminium servo arm comes with it too. One thing if you are upgrading a brushed and isn’t mentioned here is the gearset if your taking your 2wd ecx brushless and you didn’t get the brushless ruckus or torment your going to need the metal gears now every body’s said also get a robinsons racing idler gear but I can’t get my hands on one but after some jiggery pockery and some lost hours a axial idler will also fit. The Ecx idler is more then capable so it’s not a problem unless your putting some serious power through it I can’t see it breaking. The body is good for a bash I can’t knock it I gorilla taped it for abit more strength but can not fault it. So my next problem is heat it gets hot hot 🥵 any recommendation and if anyone would like to see the axles as it’s a problem just let me know and I’ll take some pics. If you’d like to see it running here’s the link subscribe for more videos as this truck gets bashed and broken and upgraded 👍💪🏻👌

Attachments

• 33CBF0EF-51D1-4FF5-828D-588ECACC288F.jpeg
    33CBF0EF-51D1-4FF5-828D-588ECACC288F.jpeg
    176 KB · Views: 4
Nice post, welcome to the forum!
I have to agree, the tires that came off all of my Torments, are like a rock wrapped around a wheel.

Thanks guys. Appreciate the sub. anyone know of a way of cooling the motor down ? It gets ridculously hot and there’s no room for a conventional fan or heat sink really. I’d be interested to see what people have done to theirs. been Looking at a small clamp fan available on Amazon but I can’t find anykind of reviews even on the product it’s self. Yet if it fits or even helps also opinion on the Hobao hyper sst 1/8 body reckon it will fit? Again thanks for taking that time to read my drool 😂 as the name says I’m no expert.

Latest posts

Members online

Back