titan 12t in a 4x4 torment

Hemiguy

ive recently pulled out my two ecx cars (I have a 2wd ruckus and a 4wd torment) and decided to try to finish rebuilding the torment since I had all the pieces or so I thought. I bought a titan 12t to put on it for a little more power but it seems the motor is a little to big. I set it in place to mount and the pinion is sitting about 1 to 1.5 millimeters away from the spur gear. did I do something wrong somewhere? I only got the titan motor because there was another person in the store when I bought it that had pictures of his with the titan motor. ive never taken the cover off the spur gear either if that makes much of a difference. if anyone has any helpful tips or hints about this it would be greatly appreciated.

Not sure what you mean picture would help here also. But the 12t Titan does have a longer shaft than most motors so the pinion may have to be turned around (teeth toward the motor or away from the motor) to mesh to the spur. The motor shaft can hit the spur gear cover also because of the shaft being longer.

I’ll try to get some pictures tomorrow at work but the motor mounting plate I’m calling it has the two screw holes which I used with two screw holes on the motor but unlike the dynamite motor that came on it, the titan seems to sit a little off center but the shaft is perfectly centered. When I set the motor/mounting plate in place, I have enough room to probably slide three or four papers in between the gears even when the teeth are in the same plane. Again I’ll try to add pictures tomorrow at work to clarify what I’m talking about

I am sorry I never got any pictures put on here but I finally got it figured out by sheer dumb luck I guess but now I have another issue. I’ve used both esc’s I have and neither one will activate the motor. The steering works but barely even on a fresh off the charger battery. It has a fairly new steering servo on it and the esc from my pavement truck on it now (pavement truck esc never saw dirt or grass, only pavement or concrete). I’m thinking about swapping over my xl-5 from my rustler just to see if that would work

Not sure what you mean picture would help here also. But the 12t Titan does have a longer shaft than most motors so the pinion may have to be turned around (teeth toward the motor or away from the motor) to mesh to the spur. The motor shaft can hit the spur gear cover also because of the shaft being longer.
I had a Titan in my truck for a short while. I had to do exactly what you said, put the teeth of the pinion towards the motor, and I had to drill a small hole in the gear cover as the shaft was actually hitting the cover. The Titan definitely added a little more zip to the truck until I put a brushless system in it

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back