Today did not inspire confidence

chadfrey

Been in the market for an ECX Amp Buggy. Really liking what I see, but, having a hard time actually getting my hands on one.
Called the only two hobby shops within a 100 miles of me. Neither has ECX, at all. The biggest told me they have some parts on the shelf, but when they are gone they are gone. The smaller shop said they quit ECX because they didn't like durablity.
Emailed Horizon, and this was their response to me:
"Thank you for contacting Horizon Hobby.

"The ECX line of cars/trucks are in store only you can find them at your local hobby shops. They are goo entry level trucks, however I prefer the Arrma boost's better and I have put their link below. If you do not have a battery and charger make sure you get the ones with the battery and charger in the box."

FWIW, the typos are hers. The attitude of "I don't care what you like, it's my money I'm spending" is mine.

Am I being too obtuse? Can someone out there talk me back into love with the AMP Buggy and MT?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but ECX is a dead parrot. No new products, and parts are getting difficult to find. Arrma seems to be good bet. Traxxas have great trucks but they are expensive and Traxxas likes to lock you in to their products. I am into off-roading and my favourite toy at the moment is the Axial RBX10 Ryft.

The ECX Brand was discontinued. I took an ECX Amp MT and turned it into a DB. The Circuit, AMP MT and AMP DB all use the same chassis with some differences in parts such as the towers and wheels. Honestly you are going to sink a bunch of money into any ECX you find and buy so if you are looking entry level Buggy you might be best looking at a Traxxas Bandit or at the Axial or ARRMA products.

I did the DB resto-mod because it was fun and now I have a hopped up AMP MT that is a fun Short Course truck, a hopped up AMP DB and a Circuit which I converted into a full blown monster truck. Again there was no real point to these builds other than I wanted to and it is fun.

Good luck!

Dagnabbit. Might have to grab something and build up over time for the fun - and change my target for getting started at the local track. There’s a whole class for the losi minis, which is where I kinda figured I’d start the kids out.

If you're still looking for the AMPs, I have 2 RTR ones I built for my kids. Both have brand new bodies, controllers, and will come with new packs. Regrettably, my boys just weren't into RCs as much as I hoped. We ran them once or twice and that's it. Let me know.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back