Torment 4x4 3S brushless

Hallo,
I would like to have all the information about the possibility to use the Torment 4x4 with 3S Lipo batteries and putting on a brushless system (3600kv motor) Samurai combo maybe.
I have to change transmission using metal gears? Where buy the up?
Thanks

Attachments

HeavyBag

There are some posts on the forums about using brushless upgrades and 3S power. I know I would use a 550/3656 sized motor for a 4wd SCT that is slightly heavier than it's 2wd counterpart. I've seen people put in Castle 3800kv motors, 3500kv motors put in Torment 4x4s so you should be good with that 3600kv. Just make sure ESC is capable of 3S power with whatever motor you do choose. A lot motors will pull more than 60 amps.

Ok guys. I tried to use with 3S Lipo on stock motor and esc. I burnt the motor after 3 minutes!
Now I mounted a Hobbywing combo: 3250 brushless motor with a 60A esc. I’ll use only in 2S. It’ll be fine for me.

HeavyBag

Ahem. You do know the stock ESC is only rated for 2S. Right?
Glad you found the limits of the stock "done with it, chuck it" brushed motor and not new brushless motor. I've only ever put about 9.6v, for 4 minutes, through a 540 brushed motor.

HeavyBag

Ok guys. I tried to use with 3S Lipo on stock motor and esc. I burnt the motor after 3 minutes!
Now I mounted a Hobbywing combo: 3250 brushless motor with a 60A esc. I’ll use only in 2S. It’ll be fine for me.
I'm glad to hear you went with a Hobbywing combo. 3250 is a typo? 3652 sized motor?
Hobbywing combos are great powerhouses IMO.

Heyitsme

The stock esc support Lipo 3s but with a lower kv motors. You can use it on a scaler.
Now I mounted the combo in the picture
Looks like a good choice with stock sized tires should run well on 3s should you chose to. Get a Heatsink with a fan to give the motor some cooling probably won't need it but certainly would not hurt.