Torment body noisy

jtomlin1973

The body on my Torment rattles around like crazy and makes a ton of noise. any suggestions on ways to fix this? It's not a big deal but I'd love to fix it somehow

Yup. Mine is too. Part of it is the rear wheels hitting the body on every bump. I raised the rear body posts up a few notchs, that helped a bit. The other part of it is that SCT bodys are just big and flexable, and are gonna make noise as they flex.

@WoodiE is correct: Truck bodies are larger and, in general, act like resonators (drums) and will just make more noise. You can take measures to minimize the noise. One tip- from @Jerry-Rigged is a good one: sometimes tires will buzz on the body at full suspension compression. Another is the rattling around on the body mounting posts. Use these foam rings "Racer's Edge maxi-mount body foam pad" Similar products are sold under different brands so you may have luck at your local shop.

Wow glad I read this! This is a great tip, and I was just thinking about this earlier and how noisy my truck body is. Haha thanks for the link!

Another thing, stock hood is really cheap per say. If you grab yourself some "black rubberized spray paint" it will give it a better flex to it and more durable. I got my spray from NAPA auto parts store.
If you want to turn it up a bit, use sheetrocking fiberglass tape that you use during spackling walls prior to spraying with the rubberized paint.
NOTE, YOU WILL NEED TO USE YOUR FINGERS TO WORK THE TAPE BACK DOWN AND INTO THE SPRAY. USE A LIGHT FIRST COAT.

Another thing, cut some vent notches and holes in hood, then it will keep it from parachuting.

Hope this works for you.....I made a broken up junk hood brand new. Tree approved, ha

Thanks. That's pretty much the same thing I was going to try. How well does it work?

Thanks. That's pretty much the same thing I was going to try. How well does it work?

I think it works good. It is definitely worth it, and cheaper then upgrading the hood to a Flotek style for bashing purposes.
If your going to compete, I would recommend using a Flotek style.

I originally bought this truck off eBay, and let's just say it was hammered on.
I would of been money ahead on buying new, previous owner did nothing to it. I really enjoy wrenching and spending money, ha.

I attached a couple pics of my hood brought back to life.

Attachments

• IMG_20171228_183215752_LL.jpg
    IMG_20171228_183215752_LL.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20171228_183123486.jpg
    IMG_20171228_183123486.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 20
I got my spray from NAPA auto parts store.

Follow up on my post......
NAPA product is really flexible, adheres strong, but does not dry very fast. I am yet to test it. I posted prematurely above, I am experimenting still.
I found RustOleum rubberized paint dries faster and the durability is really nice. I found this product from Menards. Pictures above is the RustOleum. I have used this product on some light bashing here during the winter.
I won't know full review of both until this spring, I will be doing some nice comparison on my Torments. I am in the process of building (1) club racer and (1) basher.

Thanks

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back