TORMENT STOCK BRUSHLESS (CONFUSED)

FrannaM

Can someone please clarify this for me. Looking at the specs for the Stock Torment Brushless 2wd they mention upgraded drive shafts under key features as per link: https://www.horizonhobby.com/ECX03008 . When you look at the drive shaft part number that comes with this truck, it's the same as listed under the normal brushed torment. Did ECX upgrade and improve their standard drive shafts lately from a previous version?? Or is this just a sales gimmick?

I was also surprised with how much they emphasize the improved drive shafts (In the video, Key features and Product Description).

Can someone please clarify this for me. Looking at the specs for the Stock Torment Brushless 2wd they mention upgraded drive shafts under key features........

It kinda is miss leading, because you still have plastic drive shafts. I am not 100%, but I am thinking they changed their plastic material a bit, to make them stronger. I still brake them, not under normal use, but under high flying jumping.

That's what I thought. Part number: ECX232002 used to contain only the telescopic drive shafts, but the new packaging under the same code contains the telescopic drive shafts including the diff shaft cups. I discovered this on accident when I ordered parts and received the correct parts but with extras inside the packaging compared to the description and pic on the site.

I mailed Horizon Hobbies regarding the drive shafts and this is their reply:

Hi Francois

I spoke with product development about the drive shafts, it was a running change with the same part number. What they did was beef up the plastic around where the pivot ball is for more strength. Where did you see that there was an improvement for the drive shafts?

Thank you

Jeff G.
Product Support

Horizon Hobby

This is quite interesting and good to know. I know they will still break, but nice to know they have beefed up the U joints. He is also surprised that I noticed the improved drive shafts, which is strange because they advertise the improved drive shafts :unsure::D

I like how companies answer your questions with a question. It's like they don't know.........they know, they just like playing dumb. They are all the same.

When ECX was known as Electrix the shafts were not as beefy around the pivot ball mount ears. They did beef them them up since and now call them HD drives shafts but this has gone on for years now this calling them heavy duty drive shafts now is irrelevant.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back