Torment won't drive and turn at same time.

Oliver0402

so i had just got this torment for free from friend of family and she will run and turn but not at the same time and the esc is making a clicking noise. What should i do buy parts or take it to a shop first?

Can you be a bit more specific?
What does that mean it will run and turn, but not at the same time?
Do you happen to know if the truck is in stock form?
What radio system are you running and what ESC and motor set up does it have? Stock?
How old is it? You did say it is the 4wd version correct?

Can you be a bit more specific?
What does that mean it will run and turn, but not at the same time?
Do you happen to know if the truck is in stock form?
What radio system are you running and what ESC and motor set up does it have? Stock?
How old is it? You did say it is the 4wd version correct?
4wd

so i had just got this torment for free from friend of family and she will run and turn but not at the same time and the esc is making a clicking noise. What should i do buy parts or take it to a shop first?
Nimh or Lipo battery? If the battery is older, it may not take enough of a charge to actually work, which is exactly what it sounds like it is doing. If you have a shop local, see if they can test the battery for you. I would start there, before anything else.

Nimh or Lipo battery? If the battery is older, it may not take enough of a charge to actually work, which is exactly what it sounds like it is doing. If you have a shop local, see if they can test the battery for you. I would start there, before anything else.
7.2 volt ni-mh battery minis 900 mAh dynamite also the esc is making a ticking noise

7.2 volt ni-mh battery minis 900 mAh dynamite also the esc is making a ticking noise
900MAH is way to small for that truck to begin with. You need at least a 3000MAH, 25C. That might explain why it isnt woking right. The ticking could be any number of things. It could be a bad ESC, the ESC not getting enough voltage, the servo drawing power even when the wheels are straight. The low MAH definitely explains why it wont drive and steer at the same time. Without a decent battery, there is no real way to tell what it is. If you have a shop local to you, you could take it to them and see if they have a battery you could at least test it with. Some shops do, some dont.

I am guessing he has a 1/18 scale Torment.
That's why I asked for more detail.
If Oliver does in fact have a 1/18 scale Torment, then he more than likely has the ESC+Receiver all-n-one.
Which I suspect is his issue, although it could still be the pack itself, but highly unlikely.

If Oliver does in fact have a 1/18 scale Torment, then he more than likely has the ESC+Receiver all-n-one.
Which I suspect is his issue, although it could still be the pack itself, but highly unlikely.
I didn't know they made an 1/18TH scale version. Sorry about that.

you are correct 1/18th scale

I would like to ask if you would do a test of sorts.
Charge your pack up, place the car on a small box or something to where the wheels and tires aren't touching. Give it some throttle and turn the wheels, just to see if it does work at the same time with no resistance on the wheels and tires.

Charge your pack up, place the car on a small box or something to where the wheels and tires aren't touching. Give it some throttle and turn the wheels, just to see if it does work at the same time with no resistance on the wheels and tires.
we did that first thing when i realized it wouldn't with resistance on it while it's on the ground then we held it up and placed it upside down i'll do it again when i get home and inform y'ou sir

Attachments

• WIN_20220420_16_36_02_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20220420_16_36_02_Pro.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 4
  • WIN_20220420_16_36_10_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20220420_16_36_10_Pro.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 5
  • WIN_20220420_16_36_19_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20220420_16_36_19_Pro.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 3
  • WIN_20220420_16_36_23_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20220420_16_36_23_Pro.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 3
  • WIN_20220420_16_36_25_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20220420_16_36_25_Pro.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 3
  • WIN_20220420_16_36_52_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20220420_16_36_52_Pro.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 5
My god man, are those pictures off of a 1990's flip phone...... LOL Just kidding!

If you happen to have a spare servo, I would try swapping the steering servo out. But first read thru the manual and try everything in it, rebinding ect.... unless you have already done all of that.
Are the batteries in the radio good?

https://www.horizonhobby.com/on/dem...ult/dwf5ff5d61/Manuals/ECX01001-Manual-EN.pdf

https://www.amazon.com/Spektrum-SPM...EVOI?msclkid=4e3a21fdc0f611ec871c2b63727337cb
they brand new batts in controller though and okie i'll give it a look then

The steering servo is the little black box at the front just behind the shocks. It is what turns the front wheels left or right.

R.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back