Truck makes loud unusual motor noise and won't move

Jaxty

So I was driving my Ruckus Brushless 2WD in the sand the other day and all of a sudden it stopped. The motor was making a louder, more grindy kind of noise and the wheels barely turned. I took it home and opened it up, and all the gears were intact. I'm guessing it's a diff or a motor problem, but I'm not sure. I don't want to buy a new motor unless it is really necessary. Help please!

Sure sounds like the most common bad spur gear but if that's Ok why don't you look into the diff? If it's all greasy spray it off outside with WD-40 or something and tell us what you found. Check your slipper too. Take the pinion off and see if just the motor makes the noise. Keep looking = you'll find it.

Last edited:
I would look at the differential gears. If they look ok and you can run the wheels without grinding, I would look at the motor.

Spin the wheel individually, then together and see if it binds. Take the motor out before you do that.

I had the same problem.. are you running stock Axel's because I was running stock Axel's and it was spinning in side the hub the end that attaches to the wheels

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back