What did you buy today?

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Staff member
We all get excited when a brown box shows up on our doorstep regardless how big or small it might be. This thread will serve as a place holder to share what you bought today. Doesn't even have to be RC related.

We all love pictures so if you can, post pictures along with what you bought today. :)

All start... today I bought a 3TB WD Purple drive for my camera system.

Ordered a matching S603 servo, steering links, servo y splitters 5pack, 2000mah 2s lipo, and a couple of anodized 18mm servo horns for 4 wheel steer conversion on our temper.

The conversion is only costing about $30. I could have saved about fourteen bucks if I would have just went and got a nylon horn but I was kinda digging some orange (doesn't have to match=P) ones they had. Decided to get a battery while I was at it for another $20.

Kinda wishing I ordered a 380 heat sink for them longer run times. Eh, I probably have enough material around to whip up something custom.

Edit: changed my mind, just ordered a heat sink for $4 shipped.

First part showed up
CAM00734.jpg

Last edited:
Was window shopping on HH and found a 1/18 scale panel truck body. Had to order it. $15 shipped. Been a long time since I've done one. Can't wait to see what to see what we come up with. I feel like a kid in a candy store. Last time I did this stuff I I wasn't even old enough to work.
Screenshot_2015-10-09-04-10-35.png

And then I couldn't stop. Not sure if I will gain anything. Cheap gamble. At least I'll have a spare.
Screenshot_2015-10-09-04-51-05.png

Last edited:
Wheels and tires have arrived, finally!

WP_20151128_12_31_48_Pro.jpg

Tires feel awesome and wheels look good.
Just one problem!

WP_20151128_12_32_19_Pro.jpg

Went ahead and ordered, Crawler Innovations single stage foam inserts. They make awesome foam inserts, I have a set I my 1.9 trepadors. Also ordered, traxxas and axial bladders/diaphragms (for traxxas big bore shocks 2660), 3/16 lead fishing wire (to weight the wheels), and that's all for now. :D

A real rc miracle!

WP_20151128_16_26_12_Pro.jpg

Finally, after a few hours! :D
Will still be installing CI foams though. These are stuffed with the stock foams, and I mean stuffed! Lol!

Last edited:
Today I picked up a new 60amp Waterproof Dynomite ESC, The one that comes in the majority of the 1/10th ECX brushed vehicles. They work real well in my crawlers. Also got a new Ford Atlas body by JConcepts for my Ascender and grabbed a pair of 6 inch servo extenders. Ordered a couple Vaterra Ascender receiver boxes for my Wraiths to be fuel tanks/ receiver box.

Picked up a sheet of unpolished stainless steel and some metal snips while at Lowe's yesterday. Today my flashlight and dynamite SCX10 stainless steel screw set arrived.

WP_20151216_12_02_53_Pro.jpg

I used the steel to make a battery and electronics mount on my SCX10, I visually copied from a picture of, Howlers battery and electronics tray. It took me alot longer than i care to admit but, I think it turned out okay. :D

WP_20151216_12_07_31_Pro.jpg

A TCL 55" smart TV, a body for my brothers crawler, Need For Speed (PS4), and a bunch of other stuff. At least I'll get to use the TV... Heavily weighted my Christmas list this year towards RC related items (I'll admit, kinda hoping to find a Bomber under the tree).

Nice gotta love Milwaukee. I have a bunch of the m12 tools really been eying the inspection camera tho.
I have the m18 fuel hammer drill, m18 fuel 3/8 impact, looking at getting one of the infrared cameras, I also have a heated camo hoodie that is brand new never worn that i am going to sell b/c it is too big for me and I cannot return it

today got the parts in to fix my sons Lenovo Tablet, Thing quit charging found the charging port broke, I can solder but not that good so for $5 more ordered a refurbished mother board

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back