What do you think of the Castle Sidewinder 3?

I can't find any specific mention of a battery connector in the listing you linked to. In my experience, only cheaper ESCs targeting Horizon Hobby brands (ECX, Losi, etc) will have an EC3 battery connector pre-installed. Generally, on aftermarket products, the battery leads from the ESC will be "bare" and you'll need to solder on a connector to match the battery.

I can't find any specific mention of a battery connector in the listing you linked to. In my experience, only cheaper ESCs targeting Horizon Hobby brands (ECX, Losi, etc) will have an EC3 battery connector pre-installed. Generally, on aftermarket products, the battery leads from the ESC will be "bare" and you'll need to solder on a connector to match the battery.

Yeah that why I was gona go with the Kinexes motor Combo. Also it said its a 4mm bullet what ever that means.

Yeah that why I was gona go with the Kinexes motor Combo. Also it said its a 4mm bullet what ever that means.

The 4mm bullets are the solder pins for the motor, in the pic below.

upload_2018-3-21_7-32-36.png

do they sell adaptors that connect to the ec3 to the 4mm bullet

You misunderstand, as I posted previously, the 4mm pins are for the motor leads.

It looks like that ESC simply has wire leads with no connector for the battery. You will need to solder you connector of choice to the leads.

I would check with Horizon about which one yours has, but I think most Castle systems come with deans connectors. You should be able to find the appropriate adapter to make it work with EC3 connectors on ebay.

You misunderstand, as I posted previously, the 4mm pins are for the motor leads.

It looks like that ESC simply has wire leads with no connector for the battery. You will need to solder you connector of choice to the leads.

ok I get it now.. thanks.

I have the SCT version (esc fan w/3800kv motor) and that’s how it came. Bullet connectors already there for motor/esc connection with no battery connector on the esc leads. I had a slew of LiPo batteries with ec3 connectors so I just soldered an ec3 onto the esc.

That said I’d buy another tomorrow if I were in the market. Been reliable so far and makes good, smooth power and torque.

Last edited:
I have the SCT version (esc fan w/3800kv motor) and that’s how it came. Bullet connectors already there for motor/esc connection with no battery connector on the esc leads. I had a slew of LiPo batteries with ec3 connectors so I just soldered an ec3 onto the esc.

That said I’d buy another tomorrow if I were in the market. Been reliable so far and makes good, smooth power and torque.

Nice
Motor combo should get in today!

So only got the radio and 2s lipo in the mail. Luckily my lhs had a lipo charger. Should get motor Wednesday. Couldn't wait so ran the 2s with stock everything except for rear shocks, and it was a blast can't wait for the motor!

The only question I have is that the dynamite 2s lipo with the ec3 connector and has the little white connection to charger it, now is it ok to get wet and will that plug into something on the new motor?

So only got the radio and 2s lipo in the mail. Luckily my lhs had a lipo charger. Should get motor Wednesday. Couldn't wait so ran the 2s with stock everything except for rear shocks, and it was a blast can't wait for the motor!

The only question I have is that the dynamite 2s lipo with the ec3 connector and has the little white connection to charger it, now is it ok to get wet and will that plug into something on the new motor?
The white plug is to balance your lipo cells because you have 2 they need to have the same amounth of Voltage when charging. You will need a lipo charger.

The white plug is to balance your lipo cells because you have 2 they need to have the same amounth of Voltage when charging. You will need a lipo charger.

I did buy a dynamite prophet i believe it's called. Was $30 on horizon. I just need to know if its bad to get the white charger connection wet? I live in Maine still have snow.

I did buy a dynamite prophet i believe it's called. Was $30 on horizon. I just need to know if its bad to get the white charger connection wet? I live in Maine still have snow.
As long as you don’t completely submerce it, it should be fine. A little splashing won’t hurt it. I do always tuck it into a battery strap to keep it safe. Many have ripped that ballance plug off in a good tumble.

As long as you don’t completely submerce it, it should be fine. A little splashing won’t hurt it. I do always tuck it into a battery strap to keep it safe. Many have ripped that ballance plug off in a good tumble.

Ok. Cool! Yeah I need to buy some velcro straps for the new battery

The Motor Combo I Got From Castle Creations was Working Great Until Today. The Esc Wont Power On With A Fully Charged Battery. Everything Looks Fine Plugs WIres Etc. What do you think I should do?

So it turns out it was the power switch . I wired the stock electronic speed control switch to the castle esc and runs fine!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back