What electronics are you running?

Brushed? Or brushless?

• Brushed

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Brushless

Votes: 10 83.3%

• Total voters

RC Rebels

Thought I'd start a thread so we all can share what reciever, speed Controler, motors, servos and batteries we use in our RC. This may also help some of the newer hobbiest get a general idea of products available.

(doesn't have to be ECX models)

One is completely stock. The other runs goolrc 3100kv (3650) brushless motor and 45A waterproof ESC, power HD 1501mg servo and flysky gt3c radio.

Amp MT has Flysky GT3C radio, Hobbywing 1060 esc, Redcat 550 15t brushed motor and 2s Floureon lipo

Last edited:
How do you guys like the FlySky radios?
I was thinking of getting a gt3b so I could have one transmitter for all my cars.

I cannot confirm this from experience, but the reason I got the gt3c over the gt3c or the gt2b is that expo is supposedly broken on those.

And the lipo is nice. It woke me up once in the middle of the night though, I had forgotten to turn it off and the low voltage alarm started beeping. Which was a good thing!

Spektrum rX in most of my cars (except for the 1/24 scale Temper).

DX2E tX and SR210 for the 1/18 Temper, Hobbywing 1080 ESC (A FANTASTIC brushed ESC.)
Temper: Hobbywing 1080 WP crawler ESC and stock brushed motor
DX4C tX for the Circuit, Boost, and TLR22 3.0 and each has a SR310rX
Circuit: Hobbywing XR10 Justock ESC and Justock 13.5t brushless motor
Boost: Stock brushed power system
TLR 22 3.0: Hobbywing XR10 Justock ESC and Reedy M2 17.5t brushless motor

I cannot confirm this from experience, but the reason I got the gt3c over the gt3c or the gt2b is that expo is supposedly broken on those.

And the LiPo is nice. It woke me up once in the middle of the night though, I had forgotten to turn it off and the low voltage alarm started beeping. Which was a good thing!

Same happened to me. Woke me up from the basement so the thing is loud.

IMG_3307.JPG Fly Sky GT3B remote, Kinexsis 4000KV motor, Kyosho Le Mans 240s esc, Peak Racing 45c 2s. 5000 mAh lipo, and Floureon 40c 2s 6200 mAh lipo, and running the Hitec HS-625mg servo. I had to change the matched esc because the original was sending too much voltage through the receiver and melting servos. Horizon sent me a whole new combo. I'm saving that for my new 4x4 racing build. Just ordered it and super excited.

All hobbywing. Except I just put a Hobbywing Esc and RC4WD 35t in my Bomber. Still waiting for parts to finish install.

View attachment 1894 Fly Sky GT3B remote, Kinexsis 4000KV motor, Kyosho Le Mans 240s ESC, Peak Racing 45c 2s. 5000 mAh LiPo, and Floureon 40c 2s 6200 mAh LiPo, and running the Hitec HS-625mg servo. I had to change the matched ESC because the original was sending too much voltage through the receiver and melting servos. Horizon sent me a whole new combo. I'm saving that for my new 4x4 racing build. Just ordered it and super excited.
Ho hum, never mind. That motor and esc isn't near enough to push the new truck. Gonna save it as a spare on my Amp. Going with Hobbywing xr8 4300 kv and 140 amp esc. Building a Tekno sct410.3. RC disease...

I have two Ruckus trucks. One is stock and one is upgraded brushless with goolrc motor and esc. I really like the brushless because it can handle the heat in Phoenix. I added a heat sink and it helps. The brushed motor overheats in about five minutes. I'll be going brushless with that one too. I'm thinking about Kinexsis. Seems pretty popular without breaking the bank.

Anyone run a fan on their motor? Not much room for it on a Ruckus.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back