What radio do you use?

Reefguy89

What radio do you guys use? I want one that will store all my cars with out breaking the bank. Im really lookong at the fly sky fsit4 4channel radio. Its not to much and the recievers and cheap also. It can also store up to 20 car.

I'll admit it, I'm a Futaba fanboy. I've ran several brands in the past ranging from AM, FM, and 2.4Ghz and without a doubt my favorite is certainly Futaba radio systems. In my experience, you're better off spending a little extra cash for a really nice system that will suit your needs for a long time then trying to worry about saving a buck and replacing it all the time.

The quality of the radios, feel, range, and support are top of the line in my opinion. I have a Futaba 4PL and don't see myself getting another radio for a very long time. If you don't need 4 channels then the 3 channel Futaba 3PL makes a nice radio as well.

Spektrum makes nice radios as well, however I ran into some interference issues when running my large scale RC's which went away after moving to Futaba. If you don't have any plans getting into 1/5th scale, then Spektrum is another brand to check out.

As for Fly Sky, I have seen others say they use them and like them but for me I just can't get myself to trust an "inexpensive" radio system on my RC's as I have to much money in them to chance.

A Spectrum DX4C is a very capable Radio that has a 20 model memory also and would be able to be bound to your ECX, Vaterra, and Losi 1/10th scale cars that already have a DSM2 / DSMR receivers. I currently use a DX4S and it has 30 model memory and capable of mixing for 4 wheel steer and motor on axle rigs.

Ive veen using the it4 for quite some time now. I love it. The first ones nad a few bugs, but they have all been worked out. Its a very capable radio, and it feels very good in the hand.

I will always love spektrum, but i just camt justify the price for a new one (at least not with the features it has)

love my spektrum, so far, fist time with theese, i am also a futaba fan as well

I have Spektrum, Axial's rebranded radio, FlySky and Airtronics 3ch.

The range on the FlySky is great and no quality issues. It's just a bit heavier because it takes 8 batteries.

I like my Airtronics too, but an extra receiver costs almost as much as the radio. :mad:

Spectrum DX4R Pro, and the Best radio I have ever owned. I have had a Futaba 3PMX, and hated it. It was a bulky radio and just did not feel good holding it. I also tried a Flysky GT3C; radio worked fine but it felt really cheap

I have the FlySky GT3C and for a simple RC I can't see why you would need anything more expensive than this. Sure it feels a bit cheap, but it has a rechargeable lipo (just plug in the provided mini-usb lead in a computer or a wall adapter), expo, end point adjustment, trim, model memory, dual rate, low voltage warning (for the TX that is).

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back