What? Where's the love for the Boost?

There is no love for the Boost.
I picked up the Boost for 2 reasons; I wanted something totally different than my rock crawlers, and something I can let the grand kids beat the hell out of and not worry about them smashing in to things.

My son and I love the Boost . Durability for him and fun enough to drive at the local track for me. But yes it be nice to see a bit more chatter and pics for the boost.

I'm late to this party, but my lad's ECX is the most solid buggy we have. His buggy always comes away unscathed and mine and my youngest's get totalled. He's going to try racing it once we are allowed back out and about again. Sounds like the understeer issue needs addressing but doesn't seem too different an issue to any other rear mount 2wd buggy!

Can anyone tell me the difference between the Boost and the amp desert buggy? I have the amp desert buggy

I think the AMP Desert Buggy uses the AMP truck chassis plus drive shafts/suspension arms.

The Boost has shorter suspension arms (front and rear) + associated drive shafts. Comparing chassis's, as my son has both the AMP truck and Boost buggy, the chassis at its widest point is perhaps a centimetre wider on the truck.

I would have liked to have converted the truck to a buggy but I think the truck suspension arms make it too wide to race legally. And it's been a real pain to find a buggy bodyshell that can be self painted. Even a clear unpainted AMP Desert Buggy shell would have been cool but nothing to be found in the UK.

I really like the Boost, the only thing I've found that is vaguely comparable 2wd, for the price, for my other son is the Helion Conquest XB. And that's a bit more rattly. Seems if you want to race 2wd 1/10 with something cheap, the choices are limited. Sure they'll probably want to upgrade at some point but i'm not spending 4x the price on a Schumacher, Losi, TA etc just yet.

Can anyone tell me the difference between the Boost and the amp desert buggy? I have the amp desert buggy
The AMP cars have longer wheelbase and wider track-- the chassis is longer and swingarms are longer. :) The Boost is a true buggy in that it rides lower to the ground and is shorter and narrower. The AMP DB, even though it is styled as a "desert buggy" is really more of a "truck" (see the note about longer wheelbase and wider track). The AMP cars are really better "all around" cars-- bash around in the back yard, out in the street, etc. The Boost was better suited to dirt racing tracks.

Latest posts

Members online

Back