WHEELIE...

KyleRC

Whos got a ecx that does wheelies. If so what do you have that gets it to.

I got my ruckus that does wheelies when ever you want. I run 3000kv 15tpinion 87t spur and 3s.

And if you got a car that's fast leave a top speed its always nice to know.

Whos got a ECX that does wheelies. If so what do you have that gets it to.

I got my ruckus that does wheelies when ever you want. I run 3000kv 15tpinion 87t spur and 3s.

My Amp has a 4000 KV and 21t pinion powered by a 2s lipo. Pops wheelies easy even with a relatively loose slipper. I clocked it at 38mph on a gravel rd, but not sure if the app on my phone is very accurate or not. I don't run it full speed very often as it does get hot running wide open. Fast enough for me with having almost no access to pavement.

I have always wanted an amp, but every one i know tells me i should get racing buggies.

I have always wanted an amp, but every one i know tells me i should get racing buggies.
We have 2, my son is 10 and races his With a 15t brushed motor, and I race mine in the 2 wheel drive class. Mine is heavily modified, but his is basically stock with just a few mods and he runs it as a buggy. They are pretty tough and the mods seem endless. We have learned a lot with these trucks.

Whos got a ECX that does wheelies. If so what do you have that gets it to.

If you are going loosen the clutch a half turn or more I recommend you go to a steel spur gear as the the plastic spur will get hot from slippage and melt. I've been through a few plastic spur gears and finally went to a metal spur and have no more problems . I wouldn't recommend loosening the clutch with a plastic spur. The two clutch plates absorb the heat from the slippage of the clutch and get so hot you can't even touch them when taken apart. At that point the heat has nowhere to go but to the transmission shaft and bearing area of the tranny and motor mount. At that state the transmission shaft bearing has absorbed the heat and melted the bearing seat which now the whole motor mount will have to be replaced. A metal spur will absorb the heat and transfer some of that heat through the pinion and through the motor.
Both my trucks, AMP and Torment have Castle motors and 7200mAh 60C batteries steel drive shafts which also absorbs some of the heat from the metal spur through the tranny gears (Yes I have all metal transmission gears also). We have fourteen 1/10 scale rc trucks between my son and I, some two wheel some four wheel and nine of them are brushless.
So, getting to your wheelie question, I would reprogram your ESC for less torque instead of loosening the clutch (loosening the clutch will ware it out faster also) if you don't go to a metal spur gear. If you have a brushless motor read the directions for seating up the ESC (electronic speed control).2422.jpeg

I have a Ruckus 2wd running a 5200kv motor on a 22t pinion and 87t spur. It will pull wheelies on 2s and have clocked 35.4 mph on my phone app on short runs, so not accurate. Planning on some full speed runs tomorrow for a more accurate top speed. After running for half a 3300 mAh pack, the slipper will start slipping on a hard launch for the first few feet.
20171115_142652.jpg
20171115_144153.jpg

I have an amp with a castle sv2 esc and 5700kv motor. Running stock gearing and on 2s exclusively(venom 2s 4000 20c hardcase). Mine wheelies pretty good, but is severely traction limited. Top speed 35mph.

Mostly stock Torment. Stock 3300kv motor. Stock gearing. 2s 50c nanotech lipo. Big block / Badlands style tires. Slipper tight. Will wheelie from a rolling start, but not off the line.

I had a 4000kv in the truck once and it would flip on its back. Topped out at 52 mph I was getting worried about the tires or motor exploding. Flipped it on a speed run and shredded the first METAL transmission.

3000kv 15tpinion 87t spur and 3s.
No wheelies yet. My 4WD Ruckus is using 3S 50c 5000mah with stock 3300Kv and stock 9t/48T 32p (I think it's 32p. It's near impossible to get specs from Horizon on the 4WD Ruckus).

I was getting 41 MPH, but after 30 minutes of mostly speed runs on asphalt, gravel and grass, I stripped the stock spur gear, so I ordered the ECX ECX232028 Pinion, which comes with two Mod 1 gears, a 9T and 12T. For the spur, I ordered the Hot Racing metal 45T Mod 1.

How's your Ruckus holding up?

With 3S, I was getting 41 MPH on my 4WD Ruckus , but after 30 minutes of speed runs, I stripped the stock spur gear, so I ordered the ECX ECX232028 Pinion, which comes with two Mod 1 gears, a 9T and 12T. For the spur, I ordered the Hot Racing metal 45T Mod 1.
My ruckus has been through a lot since the time I actually posted. But my ruckus was 2wd and I still run 48p spur and pinion. I converted it to a torment but if I try it will still do wheelies, really all I have to do is put my trenchers on the rear. My motor was a 4000kv which is not very good to run on 3s it’s just too much. I run 3000kv now and i don’t have heating issues.

No wheelies yet my 4WD Ruckus using 3S 50c 5000mah with stock 3300Kv and stock 9t/48T 32p (I think it's 32p. It's near impossible to get specs from Horizon on the 4WD Ruckus).

I was getting 41 MPH, but after 30 minutes of mostly speed runs on asphalt, gravel and grass, I stripped the stock spur gear, so I ordered the ECX ECX232028 Pinion, which comes with two Mod 1 gears, a 9T and 12T. For the spur, I ordered the Hot Racing metal 45T Mod 1.

It's impossible to get specs on any Ecx vehicle from horizon.

My ruckus (stock brushless pulls up wheelies on high grip surfaces or with better tires, but it also doesn't fly flat so I've hadded weight in the front and that seems to tone it down), but what amazes me is the Amp I just got, with a 3560kv hobbyking motor of all things, it wheelies at pretty much any speed, it's just so light. Screw stability control and ABS (both disabled on the rx/tx I put to replace the stock 2in1), we need traction control !

I have a ECX Cirvuit. 15t brushed motor with a 2s Li-po and a 60 A ESC. It doesn't always wheelie, but I found a trick. You reverse a bit and than just go full throttle and it pops up all the way to skid plate. It's not that good for the plastic drive shafts I know that and not for the motor wires. ( had to resolder them like 2 times in one week).

I have a ECX Cirvuit. 15t brushed motor with a 2s Li-po and a 60 A ESC. It doesn't always wheelie, but I found a trick. You reverse a bit and than just go full throttle and it pops up all the way to skid plate. It's not that good for the plastic drive shafts I know that and not for the motor wires. ( had to resolder them like 2 times in one week).

Hey you from Belgium too, where from? I'm from Gent.
Always useful to know someone local when you need to order parts from overseas (libe Tboneracing bumpers or RPM and Hot Racing parts that are hard to find here) and can save on import taxes by having only one shipment!

Hey you from Belgium too, where from? I'm from Gent.
Always useful to know someone local when you need to order parts from overseas (libe Tboneracing bumpers or RPM and Hot Racing parts that are hard to find here) and can save on import taxes by having only one shipment!
I live in Oost-Vlaanderen, Schoonaarde.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back