Sold / Found Who wants to save money? Upgraded 1/10 ECX Ruckus 2wd

Status
Not open for further replies.

DantheMan

It has been 12 years since I have been deep into the hobby and well....This christmas, after selling our atv's(health reasons)...I decided I wanted to get back into R/C..so I went to local Hobby rob me....bought this version of the ECX Ruckus 2wd RTR.. Lipo/60amp ESC/15 turn motor.
*I prepped it, charged it, ran it twice, I was once again hooked, (what a joy!!!)......Right away...I was on a mission, "The Upgrade BUG" was in full force.(I had those "Crazy COMPUTER EYES" from endless hours using google and researching what was needing improvement based on my first impressions.)
**I could afford it, so I ordered an expensive Castle Creations Mamba X/4600kv brushless with field card for it, MIP Traxxas Slash keyed CVDs, ECX Metal Differential gear set, a few pinion gears, a Hot Racing Metal 87t Spur gear...did the "ziptie mod" on the original servo saver(which works good enough), Coated the inside of the Body Shell with "rubberize it" plastic dip coating curled the original shell body sides to hug chassis.....Then I let the wife drive it and she wanted a model......."Oh golly, everything starts to really go wrong from here"!!!!

***So....I got back into familiar territory, I bought a used Losi XXX-T MF1 off ebay for her...and a due to its age, numerous more purchases were made to give us extra parts.
****From those many purchases, I upgraded the Ruckus suspension with Losi Oil Filled Aluminium shocks and Springs.(Far better adjustable than Traxxas, in my opinion.) >>>And I also changed ALL of the "Steering Links, and Camber Links out into Losi TITANIUM adjustable equipment"....and then added Hot Racing Aluminium Hubs at all four corners along with ALL FOUR RPM Lower Control Arms...and cannot forget... BRAND NEW FAST EDDY Bearings....stock bearings stink)
******Lastly, I decided to change to slightly smaller diameter wheels/tires. (At this point, The model is well into the 40+mph range on 3s with the stock gearing..the small difference in diameter gave alot more control of the set up. Many ashphalt wheelies without the wheelie bar left the original body shell scuffed up, so I bought a New Bright hardbody shell with headlights.

SO HERE IS THE DEAL!! *(I have a dump load of money invested into this so...)
-I am willing to alter the parts investment to make a deal. (take away items upgraded and return to stock items your offer suggests...what I am saying is, I will provide you with a model that's upgraded right and saving you money, rather than starting fresh...I will alter the model to meet your budget, and still save you money).
-Model has been owned for roughly a month ran 15-20 times and is in correct good condition.
>>>>Message me some conversation of an offer...I will work a very good/fair deal for you and save you money and effortsl...I should have never went back to track and bought wife a model for track...lol, ecx 1/10 ruckus 2wd was a tease, I am a track guy.<<<

Last edited:
*After a bit of thinking, I am offering the model without the Castle Creations ESC/Brushless upgrade....I have the model switched back to brushed using a Axail 540 motor and the originl 60amp esc. (Reason why I changed my mind-I spent more on that upgrade alone than what the ECX rtr kit costs, and I can utilize it in the wifes Losi)
*If I had to do it over, I would have only spent $40, and bought the GoolRC package combo on ebay( https://www.ebay.com/itm/GoolRC-S3650-4300KV-Motor-60A-Brushless-ESC-and-Program-Card-Combo-Set-Hot-H8L2/132036187054?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649 )

**Here is a Break Down of what I spent, I am open to any offers for what is shown in pictures in next thread:

Hobby Robby ECX RTR Lipo/60amp kit-$189.00
New Bright Body with lights-$65.00
Front/Rear Aluminium Hubs and Steering blocks-$29.00/$29.00/$19.00
Front/Rear RPM Lower control arms-$9.00/$11.00
Eddys Sealed Bearing kit-$15.00
ECX Metal Differential Upgrade-$30.00

Hot Racing 87T Metal Spur gear-$18.00
Traxxas Stampede 2wd Xl-5 Wheels/Tires-$53.00
Losi Titanium Rods/rod ends/Balls for camber/steering-$15.00
Traxxas Wheelie Bar Set-$12.00
MIP10130 CVD driveshafts-$45.00
ECX Body post set-$7.00
RPM Front Hubs-$11.00
Total-$557.00...... save yourself some money and make me an offer!

Last edited:
PIX

Attachments

• ruckus.JPG
    ruckus.JPG
    159.5 KB · Views: 43
  • ruckus front.JPG
    ruckus front.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 42
  • ruckus rear1.JPG
    ruckus rear1.JPG
    134 KB · Views: 41
  • ruckus rear2.JPG
    ruckus rear2.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 40
  • ruckus spur.JPG
    ruckus spur.JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 42
  • ruckus under shell.JPG
    ruckus under shell.JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 42
  • ruckus undercarriage.JPG
    ruckus undercarriage.JPG
    119.5 KB · Views: 41
  • ruckus1.JPG
    ruckus1.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 39
  • ruckus2.JPG
    ruckus2.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 39
  • ruckus3.JPG
    ruckus3.JPG
    106.3 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
More Pictures!!

Attachments

• ruckus parts.JPG
    ruckus parts.JPG
    186 KB · Views: 24
  • ruckus parts2.JPG
    ruckus parts2.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1160[1].JPG
    IMG_1160[1].JPG
    144.9 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
looks insane unfortunately I don't have 500 dollars. please can you send me a link to the upgraded bumpers and wheelie bar please I need a wheelie bar for my 2wd ruckus

I would love to be offered $500!! *That will never happen....I expect much less.
*Check your messages, gave you the how to link and a part link.

can I offer for any rear camber link you have? 5$. Plastic even, stock is fine. Just seeing if anyone sells any that fit

I'm interested in all 4 of your stock wheels and tires if you still have them and if the hexes aren't showing signs of rounding out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back