Why no temper gen2 upgrade parts?

RAW75

Why doesn't ECX provide more parts upgrades for their temper gen2? I'm specifically looking for aluminum transmission housing

I would like a aluminum fix for the axles were the upper links mount
Heres what I did I just carefully trimmed out some 2mm aluminum plate to fit and welded a bicycle spoke for the bolt to attach the upper links to the axle housing I also drilled a small screw through the aluminum plate to strengthen the whole thing

Attachments

• 20200406_204415.jpg
    20200406_204415.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 43
I see your improvement looks great ,i was looking for something that would use the 3 screw holes then go down over the and sandwich plastic eyelet. what is your thought on my idea

Heres what I did I just carefully trimmed out some 2mm aluminum plate to fit and welded a bicycle spoke for the bolt to attach the upper links to the axle housing I also drilled a small screw through the aluminum plate to strengthen the whole thing
What i did was i first epoxied the broken loop back on the with a very small #69 drill bit i drilled and pined top and bottom of the loop
after that a made a metal reinforcement plate and pined it also.
so far has held up for my son Temper 2 and he's rough on equipment. I included a picture may be blurry camera does not like closeups

Attachments

• 100_4290.JPG
    100_4290.JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 20
Seeing that link from Mxkid261 gave me some ideas.
Does anyone know how the plastic link ends are attached to the rods on the Temper 2
before i try and take one apart, really would not help if i broke one of the links.

The rod ends are just threaded to the link. You can take the small ecx rod ends off and screw some larger size traxxas (or similar) rod ends onto the stock links.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back